Chapter 8 ~I'm back~

I get to go back to school today sadly. It's Monday which is awful because I don't like Monday's. I just feel like they go so slow. But I get to see my friends, that's the only thing I'm looking forward to. Let's hope that today is a good day.

After I'm ready I take Sarah to school and then go to school myself. I get to school and a couple people came up to me asking if I was ok, I guess if went around that I was really sick. I don't like when I get all of the attention, I'm just not that kind of person I guess. I stop at my locker to get some things then I got meet up with my friends.

They all hugged me. "I'm so happy that your ok." Gracie said smiling. I looked around noticing Colby wasn't here.
"Hey Sam, where's Colby?" I asked.
"No idea. Maybe he's running late, why?" He asked.
"Because she wants to see her boyfriend." Hannah said nudging my side.
"He isn't my boyfriend!" I said laughing. They all looked at me weird and just laughed. It's true, we aren't dating.
"You both like each other so why not date?" Hannah said.
"I don't know. Yeah I like him... a lot but what if he doesn't like me as much?"
"Brook, you have to forget about Jakob. Just because he didn't like you the whole time you guys were together doesn't mean every guy is like that. I know he hurt you but Colby is nothing like him." Hannah said.
I looked down at my hands. When I'm nervous or uncomfortable I play with the bracelets on my wrists. "I know." I mumbled.
Colby walks over to us now. "Sorry guys I was running late." He said smiling.
I looked at Hannah and walked away. The fact that she brought Jakob into this makes me so upset. Some things still remind me of us but I was starting to forget about him until Hannah mentioned him.

I got to my first class because the bell rang. I was just sitting at my desk playing with my bracelets. Colby sits down next to me and looks at me with worry on his face.
"Hey I'm sorry. Are you ok?"
I shook my head. "No." I whispered.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
I shrugged my shoulders.
"How about I take you out tonight to get him off your mind." He said grabbed my hand until a sub walked in. She's gone again so that's good because not a big fan of this class. We are just having a study hall so Colby and I work together on something but I stay quiet the whole time.

________________________

After school I pick up Sarah and drive us home. At about 5:30 Colby comes over.
"Hey so you wanna go out or just stay here?" He said. "Or we can go to my place."
"Your house with ice cream?" I asked. He nodded and we went to get mini bowls of ice cream and went to his house.
We went up to his room and just talked.

"So wanna talk about earlier? You don't have to but I'm always her to talk to." He said.
"Did Hannah tell you why I left?"
"Yeah she told me the whole conversation." He said. "And don't worry about that douche Jakob. He is an asshole for what he did to you and I hope nobody ever does that to you again. It really pisses me off that he did that because it's not right."
"I know it's just hard to forget about him."
"I understand. I just don't want to see you upset." He said looking at me.
I look up. "Sorry."
"Why are you sorry?"
"For being upset."
"Oh my god Brook. Don't be sorry for being upset. I don't like it because it makes me feel bad."
"Okay."
"Hey." He said and grabbed my hand. "You're gonna be ok. I promise."
I nod my head and smile. We put our ice cream away and just cuddle and watch movies.
Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm wearing his hoodie. So I'm cuddling with Colby and wearing his hoodie. Nothing is better than this. We both fall asleep smiling.

*Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you think it was bad comment what I could do better at and I'll fix it. Thanks byeeeee*