05

another new day, another failed attempt. i was disappointed but not surprised.

here i was again, sitting alone again, that guy moving to another seat again.

"why are you so farrrrr away?" i sang, my hands reaching out to his direction.

"alright class, flip to page 69. also, we don't need any dirty students."

the class laughed nonetheless, and i caught a smile tugging the guy's lips.

after so long, i finally got to see his smile!

an idea suddenly hit me, and i raised my hand in lightning speed.

"mr old! i can't see the whiteboard clearly so i can't take down the notes, so can i please sit beside that guy over there?" i pointed to the loner sitting at the other side of the classroom, earning an annoyed expression from him.

"sure..." mr old replied with a strange tone at how polite i sounded.

i ran with my notebook and pen and pulled out the chair beside him.

"hi we meet again,"

he stared at me and i stared back.

really? he wants to challenge a staring contest with me?

i widened my eyes and stared into him, making him shift uncomfortably, both of us not wanting to lose.

"KANG CHULIN!"

i snapped out of the competition and yelled out a reply before getting scolded by mr old for not paying attention.

he must have thought i didn't see it, but oh golly was he wrong. i definitely saw a smile creeping on his lips when he won the game.

i was disappointed from losing to him, but something struck me. i got his attention and gave a goofy smile. "can you go to 69?"

he gave me a horrified expression while i slapped my knees and laughed. "turn to page 69, you dirty student."

-
ok i died typing the last two paras