18

sitting beside the window, i allowed the fresh morning air to tickle my hair and face. the surrounding was quiet and peaceful, the only sound of the wind echoing in my ears.

"up early again?" jimin's soft voice came from behind my shoulders and i looked up, his light bangs moving slightly from the wind blowing itself in.

"it's always a good time for me to sort out my thoughts here," i gestured him to take a seat beside me.

a calm silence followed and the sounds of our breathing were in sync with the cool breeze.

"i heard about yoongi." the mention of his name made the atmosphere harshly cold. i took deep breaths to calm down the unnerving panic inside of me.

"taehee told you, didn't she? that stickhead, i'm going to murder her-"

"why didn't you tell me, chulin? even if it means i would never stand a chance with you... i just want you to be happy." i broke down at his words. it was hard to control myself. he hugged me and my body collapsed under his grip.

"i'm sorry i was never there for you."

"it's not your fault- blame me for being too weak, jimin. till now i couldn't get him out of my mind. how silly can i get?" i laughed, while sniffling and trying not to get the substances in my nose to drip out.

"is that why you're not accepting me?" his tone softened.

his meaning was clear, but i was the problem. i was too confused.

"i was afraid that you would do the same thing as him..." i got off from him and wiped my tears.

"chulin, do you like me?"

"...no." i said and he closed his eyes. he was caught off guard, but he never accepted rejection as failure.

"are you sure? if yoongi never existed, if your heart was never broken, will you still feel nothing when with me...?"

i took a deep sigh and surrended. "...yes. i like you." i felt a heavy weight being lifted off my shoulders. "ever since young."

"after knowing me for years, do you think i will be like him? because for sure, i know that a guy won't do that to a girl who he loves a lot. and i can safely say that yoongi never loved you. he was just using you, am i right?"

my head shot up at his words.

"i promise i'll give you the best, and only the best. i want to be the one that would always be there for you, the cure that you had been finding for so long."

-
200 READS iДi
every single read, vote and comment motivates me to go a long way ㅠㅅㅠ
thank you <3