20

"as much as i will love to teach all of you forever, good things must come to an end eventually." mr old fixed his vintage glasses and looked fondly at our chemistry class.

"it was a great journey with your class! but i have something to announce, and i hope it would be a happy thing to celebrate about."

the class went quiet and everyone was anticipating his next words, some already in tears due to mr old's departure.

"i... will be getting married soon."

the whole class erupted in cheers and some were jumping around. cries of 'MR OOOOOOOOLD!' and 'I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!' could be heard and i grabbed jimin's hand beside me, squeezing it and giving a look of joy.

"it's about time, mr old! you're in your late twenties now!"

"well then, you're really mr old now!"

papers were thrown at the student that said the last statement, and mr old laughed heartily.

"thank you everyone... it has certainly been a fun class to teach. i hope that you would continue this spirit as the years go by, and that you would never give up on your studies! i'll be waiting for your good news about your graduation!"

the bell rung and the cheers suddenly turned to cries. i ran up to mr old and gave him a big hug. "mr old..." i sobbed and everyone was a mix of laughing and crying.

he whispered a few words in my ear and i quickly got off him, roaring of laughter. "no he won't, mr old!"

i got back to my seat, jimin giving a questioning look. "what did he say to you?" he raised his eyebrows.

i smiled. "he told me to get off him, or you might get jealous."

he was in a loss of words and he denied sheepishly. "n-no! i—"

"may your graduation be a success, kids! all the best!" he walked out of the class and we were all waving furiously.

when mr old was no longer in sight, the class was in a buzz of chatter and i slumped back to sit beside jimin. "i sure would miss him and his lame jokes."

"anyway, we're graduating soon! i can't wait to get out." taehee came up to us and jungkook tagged slowly behind, wiping his tears.

-
happy chinese new year to everyone who celebrates it! :D time to munch on everything and gain weight