chapter 9

Chris's P.O.V.

''Walk faster .I dont wanna be seen with you .''' Ashton said squeezing my arm tighter .He led me in his car .''Get in .'' he comanded releasing his grip . I opened the black door of his Audi and got in . I plucked my seatbelt , but he didnt .What a rebel ! The ride was silent .He then started accelerating the speed . At first I ignored it , but he just kept speeding up .

''Can you just go slower for God's sake ?''  the words escaping my mouth louder than they should have . He stopped the car .I turn my face to look at him and his hand collided with my cheek .

'' If you ever talk to me like that , you are dead .'' he said in a sharp tone and continued driving .Tears were running down my cheeks . It wasnt the slap that hurted , it was all the emotional pain . He is cruel , he is heartless .I bet that he has never cried ,he doesnt know anything about how hard life can be .I kept my eyes outside , I didnt want him to see me crying .I didnt want to show weakness .

Ashton's P.O.V.

I could see her crying from her reflection on the window . I  ignored her and just kept driving .When I was told that she would be my tutor , the truth is that I had mixed emotions .At first I thought what I would do to her .But then memories came on my mind . Her cutting , her cry , her hug , her words ''Dont hurt me'' .Her weak voice still echoes in my mind . I parked my car .

'' Get out .''  I harshly said at her , immediately regretting it .She just nodded and opened the door .I could see that she was afraid , her hands were trembling . I took my backpack and locked the car . .We stepped in the house and  after a bit of looking  around , I came to the conclusion that mum was not home . I went to the living room to find her sitting on the couch akwardly .

''Let's start .'' I said and she nodded taking her book and notebook out .I copied her moves and did the same .We sat in the corner of the huge dining table and she skimmed through my book .I hadnt written anything in there , just some doodling. Her lips curved into a small smile . I have never seen her smile . It was beautiful .Ashton get a grip on yourself . When she realized that I was watching her , her lips were pressed into a thin line . 

'' Can you solve this equation ?'' she said , her voice being barely audible .

'' No .'' I said .

'' It is easy .You just divide this with five and then ...'' she kept talking , but I couldnt concetrate . Seeing her talking about something , she seemed to be so passionate about fascinated me . She was explaining every detail , every step like she was telling a story .''So you go it ?'' she whispered.

'' Talk louder .'' I said .

''So , you got it ? '' she repeated this time louder .

''You really like maths dont you ?'' I asked her .

'' Yeah .Solving problems and numbers is like my passion .I feel like I was born to do it .'' she said and I smiled , why am I smiling ? She fixed the collar of her black polo shirt and i saw blue buises that looked like fingerprints around her neck . Who did this to her ? It cant be me I havent grabbed her from her neck . I extended my hand to touch her bruises , being careful not to hurt her . My fingers trailed along her bruised covered neck .

''Who did this to you ?'' I whispered .

''I fell from my bed .'' she said , while my hands were still gently touching her skin . Then I remembered that day when  I went to her home .She said  ''You dont know how it is to live with an abusive dad .'' Her dad , he did it .