Arriving

Apartment in Seoul, Korea Sep. 8 12:16 PM
After hours of unpacking everything from boxes and suitcases my brother and I had finally finished getting the apartment set up.

I felt like taking a breather so I said to my brother "Hey, I'm going to take a walk and you know, explore the place and stuff."

"I'm coming with you." He replied.

"But I'm already 21. I can take care of myself. Plus I promise I'll be back by dinner."

"Fine." He agreed. Phew. Finally, a moment without my annoying brother. "If you're not home by then I'm calling the cops."

"Ha. Ha. I'm actually afraid you'll do that."

"Have fun."

And by that I had already gotten ready and walked out the door.

Navigating where everything was, was quite easy. I'd learned Korean by myself, buying books and watching K-dramas and stuff like that.

I had heard that the apartment we lived in was near Big Hit Entertainment. I think some famous Korean pop (kpop) group is managed there. My younger cousins (c/n) and (c/n) and my best friend (f/n) are absolutely obsessed with BTS (I'm sure that's what they're called). So I've picked up some phrases and words from their songs. They were so jealous I got to move there and asked for a picture if I ever bumped into one of the members, which I doubt would ever happen, but life is filled with surprises right?

And at that moment, I was shoved to the side followed by dozens of screams that seemed like thousands rampaging down the street, and it looked like they were chasing someone. A familiar body build was running not far away from them. I had the urge to help. And that's what I did.

I ran out and grabbed them, whoever he or she was, to the side. I ran and ran with my hand tightly clutching their wrist and didn't look to see who I was holding until we had reached a dark alley where no one could see or follow us.

I stopped to catch my breath.

"Goodness, who are you? I thought you were a deranged fan and were trying to touch me. But you were trying to help?" I looked up and saw a dark brown haired man, tall and not to mention quite handsome talking to me. At first sight, I thought you were the one. The one I could be myself with. The one who I could love. Who was he?

"You don't look like you're from here. Can you understand me?"

Suddenly I snapped out of my mind and said "Aish, sorry yes I can speak Korean. That whole situation just surprised me. I've never ran from crazy fan girls before. The name's (Y/n). You?"

"Me? I thought you'd know."

"You look very familiar." I said in reply as I tried to remember who he reminded me of. "That tall guy, from that kpop group?"

"Close, close. Seokjin, or Jin, from BTS."

"Of course. My cousin loves you."

"I'm flattered. Anyways the rest of my group is waiting for me."

"Of course you must be busy working. I hope you get to Big Hit safely."

"Thank you (y/n) for helping me. How can I contact you? I'd love to make it up to you."

A kpop idol? Asking for my number? Wow. One day into Korea and I'm getting numbers from a hot guy. A famous one, even!

He took out his phone and handed it to me as I typed in my number, email, and name.

"Thank you, again. I must be going now." Seokjin pinched my cheek and smiled as a goodbye.

My face blushed into a bright pink color. "It was nothing, bye!" I smiled and we waved goodbye.

I realized afterwards that I forgot to ask for a picture. Oh whatever. (C/n) can have (her/his) luck next time.

It was only 3:30pm, and I had a few hours left to kill. I went shopping at Sephora and looked at some makeup, then to F21 and looked at some clothes, though I didn't buy very much since I didn't have too much money on me.

At 5pm I started to get a bit hungry. I decided to go to this famous Korean café shop. The shop closed at 5:30 so the re were very little people in there. The barista was kind enough to let me stay. I ordered (your order) from the shop and quietly waited. Then I pulled out my phone and started to call my brother.

"(B/n)? I'm at a café. The one by Sephora?"

"What's a Sephora?"

I sighed. Forgot he was a guy.

"Sorry, makeup shop. I was thinking we'd get dinner here. Can you come?" I asked. 

"I've already made dinner here. Why don't you come? I thought you were coming home at dinner."

"Well either you come here because I changed my mind and I really want to explore more."

"Fine, once you're done over there you're coming straight home. No buts, I've already let you extend your time."

"Ugh, okay. You're so unfair. Love you, bye." I quickly hung up and put my phone away, switching it with a book I conveniently decided to bring.

A couple minutes after I had started reading my order had came.

"You are allowed to stay past closing time if you'd like. Just so you aren't rushing to eat your food." The barista had started talking to me.

"Really? Gosh, thank you. You're so kind."

"It's not a problem sweetie. But just know we are closing early because a group of boys has booked the café to themselves. They're quite sweet, I know them well. I'm sure they'll be fine with you here." With that she went to the back room and I guessed she was cleaning up.

A group of guys? I shrugged to myself and went on with my book, which was reaching its climax.

15 minutes later, a group of handsome guys walked through the door. Ding! The bell above the door went as the rest filled into the room. The last to come in, I recognized his face. Seokjin?