Meet The Parents

And so there they all were.

Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim were seated across from Jin and y/n, who was doing her best not to accidentally smudge sauce on her face. She tried looking online for the different types of utensils were used for what but got bored in the middle of it and decided to 'wing it'. Which, by the way, was definitely not a good idea.

Now she was having trouble figuring out which knife was used for buttering the bread or cutting steak. Jin quietly nudged her and whispered, "It's the one to your left."

Y/n nodded and proceeded to pick up the knife to cut her steak.

Mrs. Kim took the napkin sitting on her lap and dabbed the sides of her lips with it.

"So, y/n. I understand you have been seeing my son these last couple of months. You certainly are, quite, um, interesting." She looked her up and down.

"And, where did you say you worked?" She asked her, sipping her tea. (a/n: yall I can actually imagine this bahahah)

"I'm- uh- focusing on my studies for now, so I don't have an official job."

"Really, what major?" She asked.

"(Major name)." Y/n said.

Mrs. Kim sighed. "I see. Well, I looked into you and your school history and you've had pretty consistent good grades ever since elementary."

"Mom? You looked up my girlfriend?!" Jin said angrily.

She ignored her son and continued to talk. "Obviously you have the brains, but you don't have the family. Your mother is a baker, and your father is a teacher, am I correct? You're a smart, very sweet girl, but my son could do much better for his future. Isn't that right honey?" Mrs. Kim turned to her husband.

He hesitated, "I-uh think that we should take some steps back and look at how happy our Jin is."

"Oh please, happiness doesn't mean a thing if he's going to be married to someone below him. She won't do him any good." Mrs Kim continued.

Y/n felt her eyes burn up with tears. She took her napkin and did her best to wipe them away. "I'm just going to go the bathroom."

"Y/n, wait." Jin said, trying but failing to grasp her wrist.

He turned to his mom. "Great, you've done it again. Stop messing with my life. I'm an adult now, I don't need your permission for who I date anymore. That girl is my happiness, and if you don't understand that then stop barging into my love life!"

Then, he got up, pushed in his chair and ran off to catch up to y/n.

Mrs. Kim sat in shocked silence. Mr. Kim only quietly chuckled, whispering to himself, "that's my boy."

_________

two updates in two days wow

anywaaayyys
i went back
to the beginning
reread it

and rEAliZed how much of a mess this story is like i'm talking about the perspectives

it goes from first person third person second person like smkqldoa what even and ik this is probably because i took a longass break and then decided oh let's continue this again without rereading the previous chaps

so i'd like to inform you guys that this will mostly be in THIRD PERSON from this point on

also anyone hate mrs kim because i do and i'm the one who created her

i should honestly just erase her

-cherry 🍒