Chapter Nine

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANYONE EXCEPT FOR CHELSEA RIDDLE, AND MR. PARKER. CHLOE NELSON BELONGS TO @FairyLiquid,  CASEE LESTRANGE BELONGS TO @jamila1989  AND ELORAINA VALHALLA BELONGS TO @TheMaskedDamsel. EVERYONE ELSE BELONGS TO J.K. ROWLING.

Chapter Nine

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Eventually Friday came around and so did my detention with Snape.

"So have any of you had detention with Snape before?" I asked at dinner on Friday.

"Nope. It's really uncommon for a Slytherin to get detention with Snape," Chloe told me.

"Of course, you could go ask Potter. He's had plenty of those before," Casee said, making me laugh.

We ate dinner and then after a while, went back to the Slytherin Common Room. I jumped on the couch by the fire and pulled out my homework from my bag.

Once I had finally finished it, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:49. I hurriedly stuffed my homework back in my bag and ran out of the common room.  I ran to the Potions classroom and knocked on the huge door.

"Come in," said Snape's drawling voice.

I opened the doors and entered the room and saw Snape sitting at his desk, ladling a potion into a vial.

"Ms. Riddle, I need to ask you something," he said, putting a stopper in the vial and setting it on his desk.

Did Dumbledore tell the teachers that the Dark Lord is my dad? I thought.

"Yes, sir?"

"Have you been having nightmares of your father?"

"I-" I started.

"Before you answer though," he said after going to his cupboard and pulling out a bottle and taking the top off, "drink this."

I took it but before I drank some I asked, "What is it?"

"Veritaserum."

I put the bottle to my lips and took the tiniest sip possible. I handed the bottle back to him and he repeated his question from earlier.

"Have you been having nightmares of your father?"

"Yes," I blurted out. The second I said it I clapped my hand over my mouth but it was too late. I couldn't take back what I had told him.

"Why didn't you tell the headmaster?" he asked.

"Because he told me he would hurt me again if I told anyone," I answered again, tears threatening to spill.

"You will come back here every Friday starting next week so I may teach you how to prevent him from entering your mind. Do not tell anyone about these meetings," he said.

I nodded and then ran out of the room as fast as possible. I ran to the entrance hall and outside to the lake. I sat down next to a tree and stared out at the lake letting the tears come.

I started to think about my old life. The one where my life was normal. The one where I had a father who actually cared about me. Then I thought about what I'd be doing right now if I wasn't here at Hogwarts. I'd probably be hanging out with my friends, or maybe watching a movie. Whichever it was, it sounded a lot better than the situation I was in now.

After I didn't have anymore tears, I got up and walked back to the common room. I ignored Chloe and Casee trying to ask me what was wrong, and I just walked up to my dorm. I walked straight to my bed and laid down, not bothering to get into my pajamas. I was afraid to go to sleep, but I was so tired so I let it overcome me.

........................................................

For the third time, I was in the dark room with my father. Since I knew what was coming this time, I decided to prepare myself for the pain that was sure to come.

But it didn't.

"I've changed my mind," my father said, "I will not use the Cruciatus Curse on you tonight. Because, I have done something else to someone you care about."

"Please don't tell me you did anything to my father," I begged.

"What father?"

"Charles Parker."

"You mean the same Charles Parker I killed mere minutes ago?"

........................................................................................

A/N So I know this chapter is soooooooooo short but I felt like I haven't uploaded in a while so this is kind of a filler chapter. Remember the character contest ends on July 17th and I have added some prizes. If you win, you get a fan and a dedication. The picture on the side is of Casee Lestrange made again by @LittleRue (isn't she AWESOME!) and would it be to much to ask for 3 comments before I upload again? If I don't get them for awhile, then I'll go ahead and upload. FAN-COMMENT-VOTE PLZ!