Chapter Fifteen - Never Back Down

Chapter Fifteen – Never Back Down

Why the hell am I soaking wet? I asked myself.

I slowly got up and noticed that my clothes were drenched in a red substance. Because of course there is no possible way that I could ever see my father without getting hurt.

“Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in,” said a cold voice that I had grown to hate and fear.

“So you’re a cat now? Nice to know,” I said, ignoring the pain in my side.

Voldemort walked towards me and placed his wand on my chest backing me into a wall.

“What part of the phrase ‘don’t disrespect me’ do you not understand?” he asked, his voice rising slightly.

“Um…the ‘don’t’ part,” I said smirking.

Voldemort pushed me sideways into what looked like a pool of blood. I still had no idea what had happened to my side, and I didn’t think I wanted to.

“I have a deal to make with you,” Voldemort said.

“What if I don’t want to make a deal with you?” I asked.

“Then I kill you and Potter.”

I paused letting it sink in. Jeez. My life and Harry’s were on the line just because of a bet.

“Fine, what is it?”

“Every full moon, you will come here again and meet with me. In return, I shall make sure that you do not hurt yourself again,” he said smirking.

Again? Again?! What the hell does he mean by ‘again’?! I looked down at my side, and saw the marks on it. Claw marks. I jumped up and gasped, looking back at him.

“Do we have a deal?” he asked holding out his hand.

“What’s in it for you?”

“That’s not important now. Would you rather be found in the forest by yourself, dying? I didn’t think so,” he said still smiling.

I reached out my hand was about to shake his, before I yanked it back again.

“No,” I said, “I don’t trust you!”

He sighed and slowly put his hand back down, but bringing his wand up and pointing it at me once again.

“Shame, I thought you were actually getting smarter for a minute.”

Voldemort mumbled a spell that I couldn’t hear and suddenly my body froze. He didn’t even have to say anything else, but I fell to the ground and it felt like I was being attacked by the werewolf again. In fact, I started to see the forest again and the whole scene was relived. It stopped right when I was being bitten.

“Do you back down yet?” Voldemort sneered.

“I might do a lot of things,” I said standing back up, “but I will never back down.”

I grabbed my wand, which was on the ground, and started to shoot a spell at him; only to have it deflected.

He muttered another spell, and nothing happened for a minute. Then suddenly, Harry was standing in front of me, looking terrified.

“Harry?” I asked.

He fell to the ground and started (for lack of a better term) spazzing out. Harry looked at me again and Voldemort said one last spell, and Harry went limp. His eyes were unseeing and he had a look of pure terror on his face.

I collapsed on the ground next to his body and starting crying.

“This is what will happen to both of you if you do not accept my offer.”

I looked up one last time and opened my mouth to retort but thought better of it. I glanced down, ashamed of what I had to do.

“Deal.”