Chapter Three - Discoveries

"Slytherin!" the hat bellowed.

Professor McGonagall had taken the hat off my head. As I slowly got up and walked to the Slytherin table, pretending to smile as if I was happy. I walked as they cheered to get yet another classmate.I also saw Malfoy smiling wickedly as he clapped his hands. I went to go sit down, when suddenly I heard a voice say,

"Didn't I tell you?"

I jerked my head around to see it was only Malfoy. He shoved a Slytherin out of the way so he could sit down next to me. He sat there waiting for his food like it would magically appear, which it probably would.

"I know you did," I whisper back.

"So, why did you tell me your last name was Parker?" Draco asked.

"Well I was adopted and that was my adovtive father's last name so I took it. I don't even know what my real father's last name is. Or his first for that matter."

"I have a feeling I know who your real father is," Draco says.

"Who?" I ask eagerly.

"Vol- never mind. It's probably not him."

"Oh," I say disappointment clear in my voice.

I look over at the Gryffindor table and see Harry, Ron and Hermione all staring at me and giving me weird looks. I put on a smile and wave at them like nothing's wrong, but Hermione just glares at me.

"Why are you waving at them?" Draco askes.

"Cause their nice."

"Who's nice?" a boy askes.

"I'm sorry but my daddy told me not to talk to strangers," I say.

"I'm Blaise Zabini," he says sticking his hand out.

""That's good to know," I say, turning back to look at Harry.

"Stop looking at them," Draco says, "it makes it look like you are friends with them."

"Well I am, at least with Harry and Ron."

I swear every person at the Slytherin table, except for myself, burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"You were serious?!" Draco askes.

"Yeah..." I say hesitently.

"Well then stop being friends with them. You could not have picked worse people to be your friends."

"I know, I'm hanging out with you," I said gesturing to his stuffed face.

"Haha, very funny," he said swallowing his food.

"I know, I'm just a natural comedic," I said flipping me hair, "but seriously though, who do you think my father is?"

"I seriously don't think it's him so it doesn't matter."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"NO!"

"Draco Malfoy, if you do not tell me right now, I will-" I started to yell, but stopped when I realized everyone in the Great Hall was looking at me.

"Nice," Draco muttered.

"Tell me," I said.

"O.k. fine, but don't make a big deal about it."

"Alright, now just TELL ME."

"I think it might be the Dark Lord."

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Who's....never mind."

"Fine. Blaise!" I called.

"Yes, Parker."

"Who is the Dark Lord?"

"He's the most evil guy in the whole wizarding world and according to Potter over there," he said jerking his thumb in Harry's direction, "he's back."

"Why's he so evil?"

"He killed a lot of people, including Potter's parents."

I didn't know Harry was an orphan. That's so sad.

"And you think I'm related to this monster?!" I asked Draco.

"Well you have the same last name and you look like him," he said.

"Oh, that makes it so much better."

"I'm sorry ok. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm probably wrong."

"Hopefully."

After a while of eating, the prefects took us to our common room in the dungeons. I went up to the dorm that had mine and a couple of other girls names in it to unpack.

"So, miss Riddle," a snobby voice said, "Hello, I'm talking to you idiot," she said standing by my bed.

"How may I help you?" I asked looking up from the book I had grabbed.

"I just wanted to tell you to stay away from my Draco," she said.

"And who are you?" I asked.

"Pansy Parkinson."

"Oh, so your the pug faced girl the Draco kept talking about," I said. Draco actually said nothing of the sort but I just wanted to aggrivate her.

"I'm not suprised he was talking about me," she said flipping her short hair.

"It's really not something to brag about, he kept saying how annoying you are and you never leave him alone and you think that he likes you and-"

"He didn't say any of that!" she yelled.

"How would you know?"

"Because, because-"

"That's what I thought," I said looking back down at my book.

"You think your all high and mighty don't you. Just because your the Dark Lord's daughter-"

"Shut your mouth Parkinson," I said.

"No, I will not 'shut my mouth.' In fact I-"

Before she could finish I had my wand to her neck thinking how do I use this thing?

"Miss Parker!" an all too familiar voice said.

"Yes," I said sweetly.

"Come with me, the headmaster would like to speak to you."

"Alrighty then."

Professor McGonagall and I walked for quite a while before I asked,

"Am I in trouble?"

"No, the headmaster just wanted to tell you something," she answered.

We continued on for what seemed like forever until we finally came to a statue of a gargoyle.

"Sherbert Lemon," Professor McGonagall said.

The gargoyle lept aside to reveal a staircase. I followed her up and into Professor Dumbledore's office.

"Hello, Chelsea," he said.

"Hi. So what is it you wanted to ask me?"

"I actually wanted to tell something. I heard you talking to Mister Malfoy about your father. I hope you know that just because of who he is doesn't affect you."

"You don't mean to tell me-"

"Yes Chelsea. Your father is the Dark Lord."