Chp. 8

"(Y/N), what kind of a question is that? You know that I love you." Valerian said as he placed his hands on my cheeks.

"I know that you love me but I never hear you say it. Those 3 words just never seem to be true to a lot of people sometimes so that is why I'm asking, do you love me, Valerian? And I want an honest answer."

When he didn't answer, my eyes were allowing the tears to take over. He just stood there with his eyes on mine and his hands still on my face.

"Well? Valerian, please answer its not a rhetorical question. Yes or no?" It was even harder for me to speak. I was now crying harder as I walked away and went quietly to the simulator.

I asked Alex if any type of music could be played and asked for Melanie Martinez. 'Carousel' was the first song she played and it was the perfect song that I was looking for.

I listened and hummed the song quietly as I thought about the lyrics.

Round and round like a horse on a Carousel
We go, will I catch up to love? I could never tell
I know, chasing after you is like a fairytale
But I feel like I'm glued on tight to this Carousel

Near the end of the song is where it hit me the hardest. I sang along as I was still listening to the lyrics.

Why did you steal my cotton candy heart?
You threw it in this damn coin slot
And now I'm stuck, oh, stuck
Riding, riding, riding

It even made me cry a little more. Why did I feel like this song represented me and Valerian just perfectly? Before I could answer my own question, Valerian walked in.

I quickly wiped away my tears, and sat up straight. Valerian slowly walked over and sat next to me. We just stood straight into each other's eyes for a moment and he broke the silence.

"Listen, (Y/N), I did.n't want to hurt your feelings but there's something you should know about me. And I don't want you to be upset."

My breathing slowed as he took out a hologram device of a bunch of young girls...my age? I looked at the top as it read 'Playlist'. I gasped and looked straight into his eyes.

"Is this...what I think it is?" He didn't answer but before he could see anything more, I found myself as the last girl. I started to tear up again as I only got more furious.

"Do you think that its ok just to go around and pick up girls whenever and wherever?! From what I've just looked at, there's at least more than 20 girls on that little playlist of yours!"

"(Y/N), you have to understand that those girls were my past partners from long ago. I've been an agent before, (Y/N)."

My breathing slowed as I realize that we are having our first official fight as a couple. And I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

"So, you've been an agent before? I don't understand." I asked as I held my knees to my chest. This is probably all my fault just because of a stupid question.