Chp. 11

Doing an important job for him and his people sounded dangerous. But I was willing to hear him out and do the job just to help him and his people.

It sounded like a strange request but it sounded worth it since the pay was a lot. But they didn't give an exact number, which was disappointing.

The mission was to retrieve a 'converter' that gave something special to the Pearls, but they never said what it gave, which was also disappointing.

All Valerian and I know is that we're supposed to get a so called 'converter' and to bring it back to the Pearls. That is all we know.

When we were finished from a whole day worth of talking, meeting people/aliens, Valerian and I slowly walked back to our ship.

I kept hearing heavy sighs from Valerian. I tried my best to ignore it but it's driving me bonkers. I had to say something.

"Valerian, are you alright? You sound like you're having a hard time breathing." Even though I lied, I didn't want to make my question sound too obvious than it already sounds.

Again, Valerian heavily sighed. All he did was walk towards me and stop in front of me, both of our noses nearly touching.

I was now weak in the legs, I felt violated just a little bit since our fight, but I somehow felt comfortable at the same time.

Before I could say something, Valerian pulled me in for a passionate kiss. It felt rushed, greedy, and I felt like he was desperate for it.

Ever since I noticed Laureline, Valerian acted different, like now for example. He looked more desperate for anything since she popped up.

Before he could go any further, I quickly pulled away and walked a few steps back. Every time I ask him a question, all he does in response is kiss me.

Don't get me wrong, I love him and his romantic self but I was tired of him thinking with his lips instead of his head. I knew something was up.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have...."

I looked in his eyes as I said back, "Valerian, you've got to stop this. I know how much you love me, and I love you too. I really do. But every time I ask you a question, all you do is kiss me with every lip you have."

This time, he looked really guilty which made me feel really bad about myself for not being the girlfriend/future wife that he wants me to be.

"I know and I'm sorry, (Y/N). It's just that...", he paused there and I stood still, waiting for him to keep going. But he kept his vision low to the floor.

I walked closer to him and placed my hand underneath his chin to lift his gaze into mine. I realized right away that Laureline was the issue.

"It's Laureline...isn't it? You just can't stop thinking about her, can't you?" We both just stood there looking into each other's eyes.

Valerian didn't speak but I knew for sure that she was bothering him. Terribly. To him, she's like a poison. A disease uncurable.

"How long have you known?" I asked with curiosity upon me.