Chp. 12

"How long have I known what?", Valerian asked with furrowed eyebrows. I just kept my cool and said as calmly as possible, "How long have you known that you would see her again?"

Valerian's eyes watched mine as he stared off into space, hopefully thinking about my question. Since I knew that he wasn't going to answer anyway, I just walked away.

"Since, we got the notice.", Valerian said. I stopped in my tracks and went, "Huh?"

"Laureline. I knew that I was going to see her since the Commander called us. The second sentence he said began when he mentioned Laureline was going to be our backup in case anything bad happens."

I chuckled in disbelief and started to flip out on why he didn't say anything. But I started to understand why he didn't. It was because I didn't know about his past love life at the time.

"I know it's hard to understand but--"

"But I understand now. It was because you never told me about the others. Now it all makes sense."

Valerian nodded his head slowly, his lips still in a frown. We both stared at each other straight in the eyes, even if we were a walking distance away.

I cleared my throat and tucked some hair behind my ear, "I'm going to bed. I've had enough for one day."
_______

As I was crawling into bed, I thought about everything that Valerian and I went through together. Our love, feelings, emotions, and greed for each other.

As I remembered the truth about his past love lives and Laureline, I felt a tear roll down my cheek. My face felt hot, but my tears made my face feel hotter.

It was then that I realized it wasn't that at all. I looked to see Valerian's hand cupped on my cheek where most of the tears fell.

I sat up, with his hand never leaving my face. I just wish that he could see and understand how hard it is to see your lover with other women from way back when. It's kind of near unbelievable and impossible to believe.

Without controlling myself, I wrapped my arms around Valerians neck and pulled him in for a pleasant hug. I somehow felt safe, needed, and loved.

Just the thought of it made more tears fall down my face. I felt Valerian placing his hands on my back as he placed his head in my neck. I could feel his lips touch my flesh. It kind of felt comfortable.

He pulled away from the hug with my hands resting on his shoulders. He leaned in slowly, his eyes looking back and forth into my eyes and my lips. Our foreheads touched and our lips made contact.