Introduction

Dear reader,

I feel honoured that you've decided to give me a portion of your time by reading my work. I'm immensely graceful. I very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Married To A Tyrant is the story of a young woman's struggle in an abusive marriage. Forcefully married to her cousin whom she has no feelings for, Salma has to face the constant beatings, insults and humiliations of her husband, Mansur. Even after having a child with him, the man refuses to change his ways. He constantly goes out to drink with his friends, then comes back late at night to beat his wife for no apparent reason.

In a society where being divorced is frowned upon, Salma has no way out of this union from hell. The people who could have been able to help her have turned their back on her when she needed them. Not even her family members are ready to help her out of her predicament. With nowhere left to go, she's left broken and defeated.

But God has a miraculous way of helping his servants whenever they need him. Fa innama al usri, yusra (Verily, for every difficulty, there is relief) Quran, 94:5.

Through all her suffering, Salma never turned away from her Lord. She continued to pray every single day, hoping for a way out of this torture.

Her way out comes in a very unexpected manner. Curious to find out what it is? Only a few chapters separate you from the answer.

But before you continue, there are a few points I would like to explain:

*This book is written in English. Occasionally, some statements will be made in Hausa. Where it's necessary, I will translate those statements.

*This story is entire fictional. Names, characters and incidents are all products of my imagination, or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to persons, living or dead, events or locales, are highly coincidental.

*This story is set in Nigeria - Abuja to be precise -. Whenever the location changes, I'll indicate at the beginning of the chapter.

*Constructive criticism will be appreciated.

*I don't have a planned pattern for uploading new chapters. I'll try and upload whenever I have the opportunity. Please bear with me on this. I know how frustrating this can be, but I have a lot of things going on right now.

*Please recommend any good Nigerian books down in the comments. My library is looking a bit dry, and I'm tired of reading cliché romance books.

*Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. I love any form of feedback. (Except negative feedback with no effort to correct me. That just pisses me off. If you try that, I'll swear for you and your entire village people. All your intestines will turn to jelly, and you'll grow a beard on your tongue. Your fingers will turn to carrot sticks and your hair will fall out. Your eyelids will seal up completely and you'll develop a painful itch in your throat which will never go away.)😇

*The full version of this book is available on Dreame. All the chapters are fully unlocked there, and available for just a few coins per chapter. The link will be on my profile.

*If you can design amazing covers, let me know and I may decide to use your cover in the future.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this book. I look forward to your feedback.

Yours Sincerely,
Najeeb.