Before The Wedding - Part 7

*Please don't forget to vote, comment and share*

MANSUR

"You're a disgrace to this family. I feel utterly ashamed to call you my son. Fornication? Do you have any idea how much Allah hates fornication?" Abba yelled angrily, his chest heaving up and down. The silence in the room was thickening with every passing second. Briefly, I glanced at Umma seated at the dining table.

"I'm disgusted by you. Absolutely disgusted. How could you even think of something like this? What drove you to commit such a disgusting sin?" he yelled.

"Come on, Father. It was just a mistake. Besides, I was drunk when it happened. So you can't blame me for what happened!" I said, my temper beginning to rise. It was bad enough that I had gotten caught, but to have him yelling at me in front of my younger ones was pissing me off. I hate being reprimanded for something so trivial.

"Voluntary intoxication is not a defence. You're a disgrace to me. An absolute disgrace!" he spat. "Can you see how you've ruined this young girl's life? How heartless are you? What did she ever do to deserve this from you?"

"Like I said, it's not my fault. And besides, why was she even at the party? If she didn't want something like this to happen, then she shouldn't have gone to the party." I said.

"Can you even hear yourself? What sort of stupid statement is that?" Hafsah suddenly said, standing up. "How could you do this to an innocent young girl. You're a coward." she said. "I'm ashamed to call you my brother."

"Ke? Ba kida hankali ne? Idan kika qara sa baki a maganar mu saina wanka miki mari (Hey, are you out of your mind? If you include yourself in our conversation again, I'm going to slap you)." I said, shaking my finger at her. How dare she? And Abba was just standing there, not saying anything. How could he let her disrespect me like that?

"You're very stupid for saying that." Abba said, stepping between myself and Hafsah. "Did you hear me? I said you're very stupid. Aren't you even ashamed? Rather than apologizing, you're standing here and saying nonsense."

"Will you shut up over there?" Umma suddenly said, standing up. "Can you even hear yourself? You're preaching to him against fornication? Do you even have the right to speak? How dare you?"

"Raliya, I thought we resolved this issue before. Why are you bringing back the past?" Abba said, turning his attention to her. "Ki bar maganar nan (Drop this topic). Now is not the time for that."

"Umma, what are you talking about?" Rukayyah asked.

"Raliya, drop this topic right now." Abba said.

"Bazan bar maganar ba (I'm not dropping it). If you're going to reprimand my son for a mistake he made, then everyone deserves to know what you've done as well." she said.

"Raliya..."

"No. Let me speak." she said, turning towards Hafsah. "You want to insult your brother for what he did? What about your father over there? Do you have any idea how many women your father has been with even while we were still married? If what Mansur did is so bad, then why did your precious father do it as well?"

"Umma bana so inji (Mother, I don't want to hear this)." she said, putting her hands over her ears as tears rolled from eyes. Nafisah was crying as well, her head tucked into her knees.