Before The Wedding - Part 4

*Please don't forget to vote, comment and share*

SALMA

"What was that all about?" Safiya asked, waving her hands frantically in the air. I could tell she was very angry. "Who the hell does Mansur think he is? What the bloody hell will make him act like that? As if he doesn't know us."

"Dan Allah ki kyale shi. Bashida hankali. Kuma a haka Mama take zaton wai akwai wani abu tsakanin mu (Please leave him. He's an idiot. And Umma was actually suspecting that there's something between us)." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Allah ya sawaqe. Ai idan naji wani abu tsakanin ku, ni da kaina zan yanka ki kina bacci (May God forbid it. If I hear there's something going on between both of you, I will personally slaughter you in your sleep." she chuckled, glaring at me. At least she was calming down. But my emotions were all over the place.

How could any self-respecting human being act like that in public? It wasn't the yelling that pissed me off. It was the fact that he'd acted like he didn't even know who I was.

"Amma lallai ya tabbata mana chewa bashi da hankali wallahi (He has definitely proved to us that he doesn't have a brain)." she laughed.

"Don't say bad things about him. He's still your cousin. And he's older than you." I mocked her.

"Allah ya sawaqe (May God forbid it)." she laughed. "Please let's forget that idiot and move on with our lives."

"You're right. But I'm not even in the mood to watch anything right now." I said. "Let's go somewhere else. It irks me to know that I'm standing in the same building with him."

"Exactly. Let's go shopping. Dama ina so inje Next (I've been willing to go to Next)." she said, pulling my wrist.

"How about we go to Ice cream Lab first? I've been craving ice cream for weeks now." I suggested. "Only if we head to Dominoes afterwards." she chirped.

"Obviously. Wasn't that the plan in the first place? " I laughed. Pulling out my phone, I quickly dialled Malam Iro's number, hoping that he wasn't too far away.

"Assalamu alaikum Hajiya, lafiya dai ko? (Peace be upon you Hajiya, I hope everything is fine?)" he asked immediately.

"Wa alaikum as salam, dan Allah Malam Iro kayi hakuri, amma idan bakayi nisa ba zaka iya dawowa ka dauke mu? Mun fasa kallon kuma (Peace be upon you too, please Malam Iro don't be annoyed, but if you've not gone far, could you please come back and pick us up? We're no longer interested in watching the movie)."

"Ai kuna cikin sa'a. Yanzu haka ina cikin National Mosque, na tsaya yin sallar azahar (You're both very lucky indeed. I'm presently in the National Mosque. I came to pray Zuhr)." he said, pronouncing the National as 'Nashnal' with his thick Fulani accent.