Before The Wedding - Part 3

*Please don't forget to vote, comment and share*

MANSUR

"Haba Mansur, abun dakayi bai dace ba. Tace mistake ne fah (Seriously Mansur, what you did was not right. She said it was a mistake)." Khalifa said, shaking his head in disdain.

"Maza dan Allah ka share ta kawai. Bata da hankali (Bro, please just forget about her. She's crazy)." I said, pulling him away from the line. I was no longer interested in watching the movie.

"But what you did wasn't right. You shouldn't have shouted at her like that. That wasn't cool." he said, walking beside me." I thought I raised you better than that."

"Don't you dare preach to me." I snapped. "And can you stop with the mum jokes? It's disgusting."

"I want to know why you spoke to her like that. Isn't she your cousin?" he pressed on.

I shut my eyes briefly, feeling a migraine coming on. I wasn't in the mood to discuss anything about Salma. She had pissed me off yesterday. Did she honestly think that everything was okay between us? And she had foolishly spilled her drink on my kaftan; my favorite kaftan. She is so annoying.

"Cousin or not, she's still an idiot." I muttered as we walked out of the building. As we walked down the stairs, a group of girls walked past us. They were chattering excitedly, with ridiculous amounts of makeup on their faces.

As we walked past them, one of the girls winked at me, smirking in what I think was meant to be a seductive manner. Compared to the rest of the group, she looked considerably better. She wasn't wearing as much makeup as the rest of the girls, and she could be called pretty, in her own way.

I smiled back at her, quickly pulling out my business card. Wordlessly, I thrust it into her hands so fast that Khalifa didn't notice anything. Even her friends didn't notice the movement.

"Call me." I whispered. She blushed furiously, bowing her head slightly as they entered the building.

"What if she tells your mum?" Khalifa said suddenly, interrupting my thoughts.

"Nace ka bar maganar kawai (I said just drop it)." I said, getting annoyed at him. Khalifa was a sucker for beautiful girls. And Salma is definitely beautiful, no question about that.

As we hopped into the car, I sighed in frustration and put the key in ignition. "Pass me the lighter." I said, stretching my hand towards Khalifa as I rummaged through my pockets for my cigarette pack. He handed me the lighter wordlessly, and I pulled a cigar out of the pack and lit it.

"Dan Allah ka fita waje ka sha tabar ka. Kana takura min (Please step outside and smoke your cigarette. You're disturbing me)." Khalifa said, covering his nose with a handkerchief.

"Kai ba namiji bane wlhy (You're not a real man)." I mocked him, blowing the smoke up into the air. "Sooner or later, you're going to start smoking as well." I smiled.

"Allah ya sawaqe (May God forbid it)." Khalifa said, stepping out of the car as he took a deep breath. I chuckled quietly and turned my attention to my iPhone. I had a text from Vanessa, whom I'd been ignoring for several days now.

"Rubbish." I muttered, swiping the notification away. There were a few WhatsApp messages from Umma, asking where I was. "As usual." I sighed.

"Are you done?" Khalifa asked, peeping in through the window. I nodded without looking at him, scrolling through my Instagram. As he entered the car again, I dialed Salim's number. "Maza yane (Dude what's up)?" I asked as he answered on the second ring.