Chapter 19 - Gang Gang Gang

I sat there scared. I kept tapping my phone with my nail to see if Taylor would text me. I was sitting there went my phone starting ringing. I looked down and it was Taylor. I quickly picked.

Alexis; "Taylor. Where are you and when are you going to be home?"

Taylor; "I'm on my way back. Is ever thing okay kitten?"

Alexis; "Yeah, I'm fine. But I'm scared. Taylor come home."

He said okay and hung up. I leaned my head against the wall. Relaxing a little bit. I didn't even know why I was scared. Taylor was panting and everything and say he had to take care of business then left. I mean, why wouldn't I be worried?

I snapped back into reality and out of my thought when I heard the door open. I tensed up, unaware of who it was. I backed up into the closet as I heard feet come up the stairs. I locked the closet door from inside and put my knees to my chest.

I heard some wiggle the doorknob. Then I heard knocking, I counted- hoping it was Taylor.

1 Knock.

2

3

Pause

1

2

3

4

5

I jumped up realizing it was Taylor and ran over to the door to open it. Taylor wrapped his arms around me tight, still in the dark.

Taylor; "Are you okay? Did anyone come over?"

Alexis; "Tay- I'm fine. And no. Now explain to me everything."

Taylor let go of the hug and shut the door and locked it. He took off his shirt and pants and walked over to our bed- motioning me to come over to him. I took off my pants and shirt then put his shirt on.

I laid down on the bed and patted the empty space next to me. He caught on and came and laid down next to me. He pulled me close to him and took a deep breathe.

Taylor; "That was Shawn on the phone."

I nodded my head sighing for him to continue.

Taylor; "You know the gangs, North & East? Well the gang on this part of town is North and.. there the most powerful gang at the moment; with the East being right behind them."

His voice went dry and I got worried. I snuggled my head into his chest waiting for him to keep going.

Taylor; "Me and Shawn- we- were in the- the ga- gang."

Alexis; "YOUR WHAT?"

I pulled away from him and he wrapped his arms around my waist and gripped his tight not letting me escape.

Taylor; "Kitten listen. We've been in it for awhile now. Me and Shawn were the co-leaders and we had to have a meeting tonight. It was about the old leader, Jason- he uh, he killed hisself. So everyone said it'd be best if I'm the new leader because I'm the strongest and the wisest and know everything because I'm sneaky and been here for a long time. Baby, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

I looked at him and backed up away from him. He tried to grabbed my hips but I pushed his hands away and got out of the bed and stood up. He stood up walked over to me.

Taylor; "Please don't be mad."

Alexis; "Your gang killed so many people! Harmed people! Everyone in that gang is wanted! And it doesn't even effect you! Your fucking crazy! Get away from me!"

My voice got louder the more that I spoke. Taylor grabbed both my wrist with one hand at put them above my head, up against the wall. He covered my mouth with his other hand.

Taylor; "Look. I know your mad at me but at me but you need to shut the fuck up. The East side is out and it's not even safe to be outside. If they find out this is my house, it's going down. As long as we are quite, and all the lights are off we will be safe. But; if someone does come, you have to listen to whatever I say and trust me. And trust me that I won't let anything happen to you and I won't let you get hurt. Got it kitten?"

I shook my head up and down, slowly. Taylor slowly let go of my wrist and moved his hand away from my mouth. Tears were in the back of my eyes. I was scared.

Taylor; "I love you baby girl."

He put his arms around my waist and lifted me up in a tight hug. I hugged him back, feeling ten times better.

Alexis; "I love you to."

He let go of the hug and looked me in my eyes.

Taylor; "It's late. Let's get some sleep."

We walked over to our bed and laid down. Taylor pulled the blanket over us and wrapped his arms around my waist and put his leg on mine. I nuzzled my head into his chest and tried to relax, but I couldn't. I laid awake; thought running threw mind. Every time I tried to get up or move Taylor would tighten his grip, making sure I didn't leave. I let out a sigh.

Taylor moved and he open his eyes. I hurried up and shut my eyes so he would think I was asleep.

Taylor; "Babe. I know your awake."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. He looked down at me and raised his eyebrows at me.

Taylor; "What's wrong? Why aren't you sleeping?"

Alexis; "Not tired.."

Taylor; "Your not good at lying. Tell me why."

Alexis; "You have me scared."

Taylor; "Look, I told you as long as your with me you'll be safe. Now please get some sleep."

I smiled at him and he kissed my forehead. My eyes shut slowly as I began to fall asleep. I was almost asleep when Taylor's phone went off.

He groaned and rolled over and grabbed his phone off the nightstand. He looked at it and had a text.

Nice house you got here Tay

- Robert

Taylor's eyes got big and I looked at him scared and curiously.

Alexis; "Who's Robert?"

Taylor; "The head leader of the East side gang."

I never thought my heart dropped so fast.

I was terrified.