I Don't Want to Want You

Somedays it was easy to keep him, off her mind, but today was not one of those days. Angela had not seen Genji in days, it seems Reyes must be keeping him occupied. Angela could not help but think of Genji. He was her patient after all, weren't Doctors supposed to think of there patients? It wasn't long before Hanamura came flooding back in. The flashy arcade, Genji's smile and the day by the lake. Angela had never felt happier than back then. No matter how hard she hopped it was all a dream it was not. Angela had lied, for what she thought was the greater good but she was having second thoughts now.

Angela built up the courage to head to Reye's office. Lately, she seemed to find herself there more than in her own office but that did not make it any less more intimidating. The door was already open and in there she recognised Gérard Lacroix and Reyes. Angela decided not to snoop and instead wandered the Blackwatch facility.

It was almost as if Jesse had some sort of special ability to find Angela. The cowboy walked with a swagger towards Angela. He did the regular hat tip before smiling. "What brings you down here darlin?" Angela had never seen Mccree's gun before, he was easily spinning it around his fingers as he spoke. It was almost unsettling to see Mccree with a gun, it suddenly brought the image of Mccree shooting her brother.

"I was actually looking for Genji I don't suppose you know where he is?" Angela asked trying to ignore his gun.

"Aww, how come you never here for me?" Mccree said cockily.

"Because you are not worth the trouble, Jesse," Angela said jokingly if anything actually happened to Mccree she knew she would come running. It was hard to see what she would do without Jesse. He was always there when Angela needed him.

"Nah, you like me really." Mccree smiled he continued to smile at Angela until she cleared her throat. "Oh, the- Genji!" Mccree went bright red. "I think last time I saw him he was with Captain Grey."

After the awkward encounter, Angela went to captain Grey's office. When she got there Genji was just leaving. He looked at Angela. She suddenly was rooted to the spot, unable to move or speak. Angela couldn't help but notice the new addition of two swords on his back. Genji looked straight through Angela then continued on his way.

Angela did not know what to do, he clearly noticed her he was just being arrogant. Angela had to jog to catch up to him, she called his name to try and get his attention but he just ignored her. She grabbed his arm, not ready to give up, Genji turned to her ripping his arm out of her grasp. His red eyes bored through her as they looked at her in disgust. Angela suddenly felt like nothing, like she was just a bit of mud.

"What?" Genji spat.

Angela suddenly forgot why she was even here she looked at Genji like a deer in the head lights. "Genji, we need to- to have an appointment." Angela finally said as her voice broke.

Genji looked at her in confusion, for a moment Angela saw the old Genji smiling at her as his green hair brightened the room. It didn't last long. "Why?" Genji said through his cybernetic voice box.

Angela was unsure how to answer. No one had ever questioned her authority like that before. "It is required that I have regular appointments with you so I can see your progress with your new body," Angela said.

"Who required it?" Genji asked still looking for a way out of this.

"Commander Reyes"

Genji sighed still staring down at Angela. "Fine. When is it?" Genji sounded less angry this time.

Angela smiled slightly before looking at her watch "Now if you have time."

Genji nodded. The pair walked to the medical bay. No words were exchanged just an awkward silence as they walked back. Angela had to keep glancing at Genji just to make sure he was still following her.