PART ONE

This is short story from my side to the Rikaraland. This story is my version of Rikara in the vanvaas story. So since I have started watching the vanvaas fiasco, I wanted a story separately for them, entangled with the whole scenario. And here I am, writing my imaginations down.... And I would like you all to read it and tell me If you also like my imaginations or not. So ending my chatter here I present to you the Rikara story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ram naam satya hai, Ram naam satya hai" tej was moving around the place where a photograph of a young, chirpy and beautiful girl was kept with on which a garland of marigold flowers had been hanged. "Yeh tu kya kar raha hai Tej, ruk jaa, ruk jaa Tej" the most senior member of the family, an elderly lady spoke with tears asking for mercy and forgivness for her little granddaughter-in-law. "Mr Oberoi, ruk jaiye, bohot ho gaya aapka tamasha, end it now" Omkara Singh Oberoi spoke with a murderous rage in his eyes. If dadi would not be holding his hand, he would have killed the person in front of him for the crime he was committing.

"Mom, stop him right now, stop him please" he pleaded to his mother, expecting a positive answer. "Vo job hi kar rahe hai, sahi kar rahe hain" Jhanvi spoke looking him. Omkara was shocked. Was she really the same woman who could go to any extent to save his family? Was she really the same mother who would do anything for the happiness of her children? "Mom, yeh aap kya keh rahi hain. Mr Oberoi Gauri ka, meri Gauri ka shraad kar rahe hain, aur aap keh rahi hain ki vo job hi kar rahe sahin sahi kar rahe hain?" asked a confused Omkara. "Mai jo keh rahi hun, sahi keh rahi hun Omkara, yeh ladki kanhi bhi sahi nahi thi humare parivaar ke liye. Aur aaj toh isne yeh bhi sabit kar diya ki humari kahi hui koi bhi baat iske liye bilkul bhi important nahi hai".

"Eisa nahi hai mom, uske paas yeh karne ki ek vajah thi. Usse dhamki....." before he could complete he heard aloud thrash on the ground, the thrash of the pot which was now broken by Tej completing the shraad of his wife. "Bas Om bohot bol liya tumne. Mera faisla hai ki aaj se Gauri naa to iss ghar ki bahu hai aur naa tumhari biwi.Mr gayi hai vo aaj se mere liye" Tej announced. "Yeh tu kya keh raha hai Tej, Gauri iss ghar ki bahu hai". "Bahu thi maa, bahu thi. Par ab koi nahi hai vo humare liye".

"Mr Oberoi, mat bhuliye ki aap meri biwi ke bare mein baat kar rahe hain" omkara now lost it. How could he say something like this about his wife, his Gauri? "Kaunsi biwi, kaisi biwi Omkara? Voh biwi jo tumhare maa-baap ki koi izzat nahi karti, voh biwi jisne khudko tumpe thopa hai, voh biwi jise kisi cheez ki koi knowledge nahi hai. Areyy isse toh yeh bhi nahi pata ki mehmanon se baat kaise karte hain. Yeh tumhaari biwi banne ke layak hi nahi hai". "Enough mom, bohot bol liya aapne aab...." He was going to reply when he heard his wife falling on the floor. He rushed to her "kuch nahi hua..kuch bhi nahi... main hoon naa... kuch nahi hoga" he said assuring her. But Gauri knew that the damage had been done and now it would only lead to a disaster. The disaster which will cause her pain and sufferings again.

"Chalo mere saath" Omkara held her hand and started toward his room. "kaha jaa rahe ho, Om". "Aapse iska koi lene dena nahi hai Mr Oberoi. Iss waqt meri biwi ko meri zaroorat nahi hai" he said and started walking again. "Yeh ghar hai Om, koi dharamshala nahi. Yaha vohi rehta hai jo parivaar ka hissa hota hai, aur yeh ladki koi nahi hai mere aur mere parivaar ke liye. Yeh yaha nahi reh sakti." Tej said. "Bas bohot hua. I've had enough of you now. She is my wife, aur agar vo yaha nahi rahegi toh main bhi nahi rahunga" Om shouted.

"Nahi, Omkaraji aap yahi rahiye, pure parivaar ko iss samay apne bete ki zaroorat hai. Hum chale jaate hai" Gauri was broken, never had she expected such a huge reaction of her father-in-law towards her. Yesterday when he said that she is dead for him, she thought that it's just his anger who was speaking. But today when he did it, she could do nothing but watch him doing it. Not only that, the family she thought loves her, thinks so low about her.

Omkara on the other hand was not at all shocked on her words. He knew what kind of a girl his wife was. He was more shocked on how his parents reacted on such a small misunderstanding. "Nahi Gauri, maine tumse vaada kiya tha ki main tumhara saath kabhi nahi chodunga, toh ab kaise chod dun. Agar iss ghar ki apne bête ki zaroorat hai toh kya meri biwi ko apne pati ki zarorat nahi hai" he was not at all ready to leave her hand. He was a man of promises and the promise he made to his wife was the most important of all. "Chalo Gauri, ab nahi rahenge hum yahan".

"Tumhe meri kasam hai Omkara, kahi nahi jaoge tum iss ghar ko chod ke" Jhanvi said, knowing that this will definitely stop him. And she was successful; Omkara stopped his legs and turned towards her. "Mom, please let me go. She is my life, I cannot live without her" he pleaded again. But it seemed as if Jhanvi has gone deaf. She did not even react on her son's tears; all she could see was her husband's insult and obviously Tia's fake blindness. "Gauri has to leave right now" she announced and went with her husband and her new favourite, Tia.

"Nahi Gauri, mat jao, main hai reh paunga tumhare bina" this was all he could do now, plead her to stay. "Nahi Omkaraji, hume jaane dijiye. Maaji aur papaji ki khushi isi mein hai, toh yahi sahi" she said with tears flowing down her eyes. "Aur main... meri khushi, meri khushi ka kya Gauri? Aur tum... tumhara kya, kha jaogi, kaha rahogi tum?" "Kabhi kabar apni khushiyaan chod kar, apni zimedariyon pe ko zyada ahemiyat deni padti hai. Aur aap humari chinta mat kariye, hum bade bhaiya aur bhaujayee ke paas chale jaenge, unhe bhi toh kisi ki zaroorat hogi naa"

"Sabki fikar hai tumne, bas meri nahi. Socha hai tum chali jaogi toh kya hoga mera?" Om asked helplessly. "Sabse zyaada aap ki fikar hai hume issiliye toh aapse yaha rehne ko keh rahe hain. Hum jaante hain, aap yaha rahenge toh sab theek hoga. Pura vishvaas hai hume aap par. Chalte hain, khayaal rakhiyega apna" saying this she left, leaving a broken and a shallow Om in the mansion.

"Achcha hua ki vo chali gyi. Voh laddki tumhare layak hi nahi thi beta" Jhanvi said. "Bas mom, bohot hua. Jo aap chahti thi vo toh ho gaya naa, chali gyi vo mujhe aur iss ghar ko chod ke" saying this a defeated Om walked to his room.

His room did not looked as his own. The charm in it was missing, the colour in it faded away as if she has taken away the life in it. He had the felling much similar to what he had when she left to Bareilly. His room reflected his chiraiyaa. He could still feel her. He went to his bed trying to sleep, but sleep was far away from his eyes.

Main yahan tu wahaan, Zindagi hai kahaan

Tu hi tu hai sanam dekhta hun jahan

Gauri reached Shivaay's house two hours and told him all what had happened to her. "You should not have left the house Gauri, Om needs you" was all shivaay said and her Annika bhaujayi kept silent all the while, she was confused on their reactions. She expected them to hold her and let her cry, but what they did was just opposite. Both of them had the same opinion "Gauri you should not have left the house".

"Sorry Gauri, there is only one room in the house and I and Shivaay are sharing it" Anika informed her. "Its okay bhaujaye, I will sleep in the hall" she said assuring, and as usual Anika left without saying a word. She went and took a bedsheet for her to sleep. The temperature was down.. Too down for her. She was shivering and all she could remember was her Omkaraji's warm embrace while sleeping.

Neend aati nahi, yaad jaati nahi....

Bin tere ab jiya jaye naaa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys I am done for this short... I promise you all a happy ending to the story. Hope you all like it.