PART SIX

"Gauri, wake up... Open your eyes please. You said you would do anything for me right, so come on open your eyes. I can't see my chirraiya like this. Stand up and show me that my dabang chiraiya is still that dabbang" the cries could be heard loud on the road when she was carried to the hospital. "Rudra, tell your bhabhi to get up otherwise I would not talk to her anymore" his eyes were red with tears, he was crying from the time they landed down from the building. "Bhavya she is your best friend right. She will listen to you, tell her to wake up, I can't see her like this" the almost lifeless body of his little wife now scared him even more. She did not speak a word after that; leave words she did not even opened her eyes.

"Calm down, O she will be alright" Rudra tried to pacify his brother but deep down somewhere he knew tht he was just saying this, the meanings of his words were never there. "I too think he is right bhaiyaa, we are moving to the hospital I know that she will be alright "Bhavya too supported Rudra but again without any warmth.

"Can't you drive fast?" he shouted at the driver. "Sir I know you are tensed but screaming like this will not help anyone" a nurse told him. "Look, I am not in the state of arguing with anyone right now... I said drive faster that means drive faster" he again shouted. "O, control yourself. You can't afford to loose your cool now" Yes he had to be silent; he has to be brave for his wife; for his Gauri.

They reached the hospital "Doctor!!!! Doctor!!!!" he shouted. The doctors came "to the ICU now" the doctor signalled the ward boy and he rushed to the ICU with Gauri on the stretcher and Omkara holing her hand for all this while. "Mr Oberoi, you can't enter tht ICU" the doctor ordered. "Please doctor, I promise that I will not do anything. I want to be with her anyhow" he begged them. "No, I am sorry Mr Oberoi but I can't let you in" he said walking inside.

"How is Gauri" Richa rushed inside. "She is in the ICU, the doctors are treating her" Bhavya mentioned. "But what happened? she asked and Bhavya explained every incident that happened and she ended up crying.

He was almost dying every second till the time the tiny bulb in front of the gate was on. He never prayed till now but this time his mind was just on to her shankerjee, praying to give him his Gauri back. Time was passing making Omkara's heart beating faster and faster every time.

"What happened doctor" he almost bumped into the doctors when they were back. "She is in coma, Mr Oberoi.; due to so much of blood loss, I am afraid that we would not be able to save her" doctor said avoiding his teary glaze. "How can you say this? You are the best doctors we have, you never failed. How can you fail this time, she is my wife. Save her please..." he begged them. "We did the best we can, Mr Oberoi and I think it now almost impossible for us to save her" they said. "Can I meet her" he said. "Yaa, sure" saying this they left.

"It's all because of you Omkara" Dandi said holding his caller harshly. "What rubbish. I don't have time for all this. My wife is inside the ICU and I need to see her as soon as possible" he said jerking away. "You can't meet her" Richa barged in. "Excuse me, she is my wife and I don't need anybody's permission to see her"hee lost this time. "Calm down, O Rudra tried to hold him. "What calm down, these idiots are telling me that I can't meet her and you are saying to calm down" he again shouted.

"Where are we wrong huh? You promised auntiji that you will keep her happy always and you broke it. I have seen her condition when she was crying for her dead mother. I have seen her crying when Kaali dragged her out. Where where you then...? Where were you when she needed you the most? Ohhh Obviously you must be busy with your family and bhaiyaa-bhabhhi as usual" Richa chuckled humorlessly.

"You have always given her only pain and sufferings, Mr Oberoi. She has been only crying since the day she got married to you. I have never seen that satisfaction on her face which every girl wants. You know what, I think she has to leave you because then only it will be the end of her sufferings" Dandi asked blocking the way.

"Dandi, leave my way or else I will kill you" he shouted. He had no option left to knock him down to get into the room, because Dandi was not ready to leave.

He saw his ever chirpy little birdie lying on the bed almost lifeless. There were numerous tubes attached to her little hands. He went beside her and took her tiny, pale hands in his warm ones. She was looking so pale and lifeless that any one would think that she is a corpse.

"Gauri... G-Gauri get up, please. Look I am here with you. Please wake up for me, for us please. I know you can hear my voice, I know you can still feel my presence. Please, you need to get up and thell Dandi and Richa that you love me more than anything. They want you to go but please tell them that y...you want to s...tay with me forever" he said while sobbing uncontroably.

"G...Gauri you know I love you right? You know that I have changed naa? I have apologised to you many times right? And you told me that you forgave me right" he asked her but silence was all he got.

"Gauri, look I am apologising again. I am so sorry for being a fool to leave you. I am sorry that I could not come with you, I am sorry that you were alone during all this. Please say something. If you are mad at me then wake up and yell at me, hit me, shout, scream but please don't lay lifeless. I can't see you like this. Do whatever you want to but please wake up... please wake up Gauri" he cried loud.

"Look Richa and Dandi are not even letting me see you. They are thinking that all of this was because of me. I had to hit Dandi to meet you. I am sorry for behaving like this but you know how much I love you right. Get up and tell me that, p...please Gauri" he complained to her.

"Gauri, please wake up, please. We have to fulfil all the promises we made to each other. We have to build our world away from everything. A world with just you and me. A world which just has love and trust and you know that is impossible without you. Get up Gauri... I have a beautiful future planned for us" he said what he wanted to.

"I know you are listening to me. I know you can feel my love. Please respond... Please tell everyone out there that you love me. Get up and come with me and announce to the whole world that we love each other. I know that you love me more than anything. Listen to me Gauri, there is no life without you. There is no Omkara without his Gauri. If you are still planning to leave then you have to take me with you" he said as his face was wet with his shirt.

He caressed her cheeks and her hands. He bent down and digged his neck into her smelling her sweet scent. "Gauri, Wake up, love. I love you Jaan, I will love you till the end of my life. Wake up Gauri, please... your Omkara is here waiting for you. Wake up please he cried in her shoulders.

Beete Baatein Yaad Aati Hain,
Jab Akela Hota Hoon Main
Bolti Hain Khamoshiya,
Sabse Chhupke Rota Hoon Main
Ek Arsaa Huya Muskuraye Huye
Aansuon Mein Dhali Dastan
Main Yahan Tu Wahan, Jindagi Hai Kahan

Suddenly he heard a loud beeping and he stood up realising that she was gasping for air. Her cheat heaved for breadth.

"Gauri!!!!!" he shouted. "Doctor!!!! Rudra call the doctor" he screamed on the top of his voice.

"Mr Oberoi... leave we need to check her the doctors entered making him leave the room.