Chapter One: Enrolling at Cardinal Newman

Lillie's P.O.V

Well, here we go. It's the first day at a whole new school. Myself and my group of friends who go by the names of: Rebecca, CJ, Emily, Erin, Charley and Gabby. Together we call ourselves The Sweetcream Squad. I met the Sweetcream at Brighton Pier, along with their current boyfriends. 

Rebecca was with her boyfriend of three years, George Shelley, CJ was with her boyfriend of two years, Jack Maynard, Emily was with her boyfriend of two years, Joe Sugg, Erin was with her boyfriend of one year, James White, Charley was with her boyfriend of two and a half years Liam, who is actually Rebecca's older brother, Gabby was with her boyfriend of three years, Louis Tomlinson. Then you have me. Lillie-the-Singleton. I have been single for one year, and I'm starting to get tired of being single, to be honest, I just want someone who I can call mine. Like my Romeo to Juliet, however, I don't wanna die like they did in the story, yeah, moving on so I don't start getting depressed over here. Although, my love life, on the whole, hasn't been a complete disaster.

Is it bad that I've actually made a list of previous boyfriends?

Bradley Simpson:

We dated at the start of 2016, we were going out for around six months and he was an amazing guy until he started getting to big-for-his-boots as it were, then he started smoking pot and drinking and I'm not about that life. However, we do still talk sometimes today, as we agreed to just be friends.

Harry Styles:

Now, where to begin with Harry? We dated in the summer of 2017, that was more of a "Summer Romance" as he was touring around the UK then he had to go back to LA to finish the tour. We haven't spoken since then, however, that was one of the best summers of my entire life. There are times I still get upset about Harry as I still miss him, however, I know it was just a summer fling and that's all.

Zac Efron:

Zac was my first boyfriend. I met him in New York when I went there for a family holiday back in 2015. Now, we were together for over a year and that year was amazing like unexplainably amazing, he was my first boyfriend, he was the first time I felt something for someone. We broke the relationship off though because of the distance. It was too far and eventually, it was getting so hard for us that we broke it off. I wasn't the same for a few months. I wasn't me. But, my friends basically gave me a big kick up the backside and I started to get back to myself again. 

As I was walking up to the girls and the boys, Erin shouted: "Ello' lovey!" I ran up to the girls and engulfed them in one massive group hug. "What's up, girlies!" I said enthusiastically. "Ready for the first day?" CJ said. "Yeah, I guess. I mean it's gonna be different of course, but we all have each other so we'll be fine!" I said smiling. "Come on then! Let's go!" Jack said sounding like a girl making us all laugh. 

While walking to school and talking about God knows what, next thing we know we hear someone shout: "OI, OI!" We quickly turn around to see the blue-eyed angel that is Conor Maynard running towards us. "Hang on guys, don't go without me!" He said as he finally caught up with us. "Hey, bro." Jack said giving Conor a "bro hug". I have had the biggest crush on Conor since I was about nine or ten, and I'm now seventeen. Conor and I aren't friends, however, where I have been friends with Jack since Primary School I have always bumped into Conor somehow. I'm not sure if he even knows my name. "Bro, you remember Lillie right? She was in your year at Primary School." Jack says to Conor. "Um, yeah I think I remember a Lillie from school. It's Lillie Bennett right?" Conor says I'm actually shocked he remembers my first name let-alone my last name. "Yeah! It is. How are you, Conor?" I ask trying not to sound too weird and giggly. "I'm good thank you, sweetheart. How are you?" He called me sweetheart! If that couldn't make me fancy him more I don't know what can. "I'm great thank you!" I say giving him a smile. 

We arrived at the school and we all signed in, I put my stuff in my locker and looked at my timetable. "Ah, Geography first eh? Same as me." I hear a familiar voice saying behind me. I turn my head ever so slightly to see Conor looking over my shoulder seeing what lessons I have. "I have that first too. Fancy sitting next to me, hey at least I'm someone you'd recognize and not some weird stranger." Conor said then giving me a wink after. "Sure! I'd love that, you're right at least I know who you are and I'm not sitting with someone I have no clue who they are." I say. "Ladies, first then." Conor says rather posh like making me laugh. "Oh, why thank you, Mr Maynard." I say in an equally posh tone making us both laugh. "Let's get going then, I don't wanna get a detention on the first day." I say as we start walking to class.