Saved

Craig rushed to the nearest hospital as quickly as he could. You never seen him concentrating so much on the road. C/N sat in the back holding the injured animal, crying loudly  and holding the dog's head.

"Doggy is going to die daddy! We can't let him die!"

Craig looked at his son in the mirror for a few seconds. He softly spoke in a calm manner. "We won't let him die."

    He pulled over to a small animal hospital. An elderly man walking out the building in a white lab coat, took a pair of keys out and began to lock the door.

"WAIT!"

Craig shouted as he stepped out the car and grabbed the dog putting him in his arms. The old man shook his head and held his hand up.

"We are closed Sir, please go home and come back in the morn-"

"This dog is on the verge of death! You have to help him!"

The doctor looked at Craig's arm, which was bleeding a bit through his clothes. The doctor spoke clearly. "Sir,you need to be in the hospital with an arm like that. Please come by in the morn-"

"DIDN'T YOU FUCKING HEAR ME? SAVE THE DOG BEFORE ME I'LL BE FINE! Please...this dog,he saved our lives...and I'll be damned if I let him die like this. So unless you wanna challenge me old man,you better help him or so help me..."

The man put his hands up in defense, and said "Okay Sir, please calm down. I can only make this a few minutes, so we will make this quick."

   You all walked inside the hospital. An empty waiting room filled with pictures of animals that been saved were all over the wall. Barking and meowing came from a different room of animals that had to stay overnight.

"Come in this room, room 14. Miss, while I assist the dog, may you assist your husband by cleaning and wrapping his wounds with bandage?"

Craig placed the dog on a silver counter. And sat in a chair. C/N peered over the counter that the dog laid. Watching carefully. You cleaned Craig's wound up, and wrapped it in bandage kissing his nose softly. He smiled weakly at you.

"I assume your dog got into a fight? There are a few bites and scratches near the tail and throat. A small puncture in the back of her right leg. I'd reckon you take her on home and give her time to rest. Shower her with love and affection, so her babies would be healthy."

"But Mister,Mop is a boy dog!" c/n shouted.

The doctor chuckled and ruffled the boys hair. "He,is a she kiddo. And she's 30 days pregnant. Congratulations, you're having puppies!"

You widen your eyes. "She's not our dog si-"

"Thank you." Craig interrupted. "We are greatful that Mop will be giving birth to puppies."

"Haha, and 12 of them too!"

"12?!" C/N and you exclaimed.

Craig smiled and thanked him. Taking the dog in his hand and walked out. You knew this was sweet, but something worried you.

"Craig, you know how much it is keeping a dog in the appartment. And the fact that she's having pups doubles it!"

"She saved our lives y/n. We can't dump her in the street with nowhere to go. Who knows what people would do to her or her pups?"

He placed the dog in the backseat and buckled c/n up before getting in the car.

"But Craig-"

"I'll make this up to you. I promise."

   It was a silent car ride back home. No one said a thing. You looked back, watching c/n fall asleep with his arm around Mop. Maybe this won't be so bad?

Short,I know. I'll be sure to update it ASAP. (Or not)

Thanks for reading!ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ