• eight •

// you're kind of an asshole, finn wolfhard //

tuesday.

millie smiled as she raced down the hallway, jumping into finn's arms with a squeal.

he spun her around and she grinning, grabbing his face in her hands and kissing his lips gently as he pressed her against the locker, letting her body sink to the floor.

she kissed him more, running her hands across his chest as they parted lips breathlessly.

"hi." she whispered.

"hey mills," he said,

"hi. okay. step away from each other."

millie glanced up, shock showing in her eyes as she noticed a familiar face.

"DAD?" she yelled, stepping away from finn a little too quickly, knocking herself off balance.

"hi, yes. it's your father. now i'm not sure what's going on, but we talked about my new job? great. i got the job, i work here now. i'm not sure why you didn't tell me that you had a boyfriend, millie?"

millie stared at her father in shock.

he was never around, and when he was he was drunk. was he really fit to teach at a school?

"uhm," she stammered. "i- didn't - uh- hi,"

he narrowed his eyes at her. "you're 16, millie. you're not old enough for a boyfriend."

the brown haired girl stared at him in shock. "actually," she started, then though better of herself and clenched her fist but said nothing.

"if i see you with this boy again, you'll be in a lot of trouble."

millie nodded.

he walked away swiftly, and finn turned to her with a frown. "what the hell just happened?"

millie stared after her father. "i have no idea, wolfhard."

-

millie walked over to her lunch table with a sigh, sitting down next to finn. he put his hand on her knee and squeezed it gently to reassure her.

"i'm still confused as to how my dad got that job," millie said with a slight frown. "what is he even doing here anyway?"

finn shrugged. "i have no idea."

millie sighed. "if only i paid more attention to my home life. my family isn't ever around. my mom is home sometimes in the mornings, but my dad is never around. i don't think i've seen him for like three weeks, actually."

she shook her head, confused. "in fact, he never said anything to me about a new job. he was probably too drunk to remember."

maddie was staring at her with confusion plastered across her face, millie had told her what happened but she was equally confused. grace was still at home recovering from her mom's death.

"yeah, i don't know mills. he never really talks to me, except to hit on me when he's drunk."

millie winced a little as she remembered her dad hitting on maddie. not a nice sight.

she shifted uncomfortably as finn rubbed his hand over her leg. she glanced around, her eyes widening.

"mills. it's fine."

she sighed and took a bite of her lunch, relaxing a little.

-

later that night, millie sat alone in her room, doing homework.