• thirteen •

// i made a lot of mistakes this year, but... you're not one of them. //

"do you wanna talk about it?" finn asked quietly, as millie's tears clicked to the ground in front of them.

she shook her head slightly, and they stayed silent, looking at the dark sky, the pounding music audible slightly from the house.

"this isn't the first time, you know." millie said suddenly, and finn looked over at her in surprise.

she bit her lip and closed her eyes, more tears leaking out. "he- got a girl pregnant while we were dating. i found out yesterday."

finn looked at her again, burning with anger at wyatt. how could he do that to her? "and... you're still together?"

millie shrugged, as if the world had given up on her. "well. i tried to talk to him about it. he- he's not a very good person, finn. he hits me."

millie stormed onto wyatt's deck, banging with her fist on the door, tears leaking out of her eyes.

he opened it, and a lazy grin spread on his face. "hey babe. needed me that bad, to come all the way here?"

she shook her head, fuming with anger. "actually, i'm here to break up with you."

he arched an eyebrow and looked around outside. "what did you just say to me?"

she crossed her arms. "we're through, wyatt. i can't believe you cheated on me. again. you think i'm gonna keep letting this go?"

he grabbed her arm and yanked her inside, slamming the door and pinning her against the wall so tears started leaking out of her eyes. "wyatt, what are you doing."

"you can't break up with me. you're staying with me."

"oh no i'm more definitely not," she growled, trying to push him away.

he smacked her across the face, and she let out a cry as he threw her to the ground, kicking her in the side.

"tell me you were joking. TAKE IT BACK!" he screamed, kicking her again and again, and millie curled up on the ground in a ball, sobbing.

it was then that finn noticed the bruises on her arms and legs, and he extended his arms so she could crawl into them.

"what did you do to yourself, millie," he asked quietly as she sobbed in his arms.

"i made a lot of mistakes this year, but...you're not one of them." she whispered, looking up at him, her eyes wide.

he looked at her, his heart aching. "millie, i love you so much. i told you i would wait for you forever."

she sighed shakily. "i know. and i'm gonna be better. and i wish we could be together. but i'm no good for you and you know it. i need to fix myself."

his heart shattered into a million pieces.

"goodbye finn," she whispered, standing up shakily and opening the back door, entering the party again.

THE END.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

LMAO KIDDING AAHAHAH YOU HATE ME DONT YOU

finn stood up, throwing open the door and pushing through the party furiously. he grabbed millie's arm.

she glanced back at him, tears in her eyes.

he smashed his lips against hers, craving the taste of her chapstick and her warm breath against his.

she gasped, relaxing into it as he slowly pulled away, his lips peeling off hers.

he pressed her against him, and they joined in the slow dance with everyone else, blending in.

"i love you millie bobby brown. and i will fix you. i will help you get through this. together."

"thank you," she whispered, kissing his cheek.

"i never gave up on you," he whispered.

"i know."

THE END.

( FOR REALS. )

-

-

author's note -

HI OH MY GOD.
( ps. i updated this chapter early because i am done with this book it's a trash bag )

that was a roller coaster of emotions, comments, and ayla procrastinating.

i love every single one of you for reading this trash book, and i want to be your friend.

dm me. add me on instagram. ( @aylaa.caitlin ) tag me in your stories and i'll read them.

i love you guys so so much. stay tuned for new books and also catch up on my current ones!

once more, thanks for reading... and i love you.

- ayla out!