• eleven •

// what's your issue? //

millie blinked open her eyes, feeling a wave of pain come over her body. she groaned and rolled over, pulling her legs close to her body and running her forehead, hoping to calm her throbbing headache and her stomach pains.

"you're awake? you might want some advil and some water. here," she turned, eyes jerking open at a familiar voice, to see finn, wearing no shirt, sitting next to her in bed. her bed.

she rubbed her eyes again and glanced over herself and around the room. "what the hell?" she muttered. "what - i literally can't remember anything from last night. i went to a party, right? wait, aren't you mad at me? WAIT. did we-,"

"no!" finn interrupted quickly. "no, we didn't... uh, you were drunk, and grace asked if i would stay with you so she could go home."

millie sighed and collapsed back on her pillow, shutting her eyes again so she wouldn't see the hot boy next to her.

"and no. i'm not mad at you. i never was. i was just upset with jacob," finn mumbled.

millie felt a faint smile creeping on her lips. "i'm sorry finnie. i really am."

"i know."

-

millie climbed in finn's car. they drive steadily for a while.

"you know what tomorrow is?" finn asked suddenly.

"what?" millie mumbled.

"the last day. of the dare."

millie's eyes widened a little. "oh yeah."

finn smiled. "i'm glad we did it. it's one of the best choices i've ever made."

millie nodded, turning her gaze to the window.

"yeah," she mumbled, letting her mind flow other places.

-
two weeks later

"what's your issue?" finn snapped back.

"nothings my issue! I just think this is wrong!" millie groaned, kicking the seat angrily.

finn rolled his eyes with a heavy sigh.

he was glad they made up, but their relationship was rocky since the dare ended. they fought. a lot. finn tried to not start them. millie was always grumpy, though, and he tried to focus on the positives.

"why are you so upset with me all the time?" he muttered under his breath.

"excuse me?" millie jerked her head towards him.

"millie, you act like an asshole to me ninety percent of the time. i don't know what's wrong. i love you."

i don't know if i love you back, though.

millie's eyes widened as the thought flew through her head. she was done with this. all of this. her life. her choices. finn.

"i think we need a break." millie unbuckled her seatbelt and kissed finn's cheek, a tear rolling down hers. "this isn't working. it never should have. this was a mistake. the whole dare. the fact that we stayed together after it."

finn stared at her in shock. "are- are you breaking up with me?!"

millie sighed, tears pooling up in her eyes. "it's too much for me. we're not meant to be."

she opened the door and slammed it shut behind her, running down the street in the pouring rain.

"what the hell? MILLIE!" finn climbed out of the car, the rain soaking his curls and a couple stuck to his forehead.