• bonus chapter •

-

-

millie slid down the hallway slowly, her hand tingling as her fingers brushed against finn's.

her heart thumped in her chest as people stared at her.

her soft white dress flowed around just above her knees, and her iconic white converse felt so right back on her feet.

she stopped at her locker, casually sliding it open. finn stood next to her, a frown etched onto his face as he watched millie shakily pull out a notebook and close her locker again.

"what- if wyatt," she had tears in her eyes.

"he won't. i promise." finn replied, his eyes full of love as he took millie's hand, giving it a small squeeze for some extra support.

they walked down the hallway slowly together, to where finn's friends were waiting.

a small gasp escaped grace's mouth, and she, maddie, and noah surrounded millie in a tight hug.

"i missed you guys so much," millie said through tears, not minding the mascara dripping down her face.

"we missed you too," maddie gasped, also having tears running down her face. "you look great, mills! love the hair," she touched millie's newly blond hair with a smile.

millie smiled too. "thank you! finn helped me decide what color to go," she glanced over at him, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"well well well," wyatt's voice sounded behind the happy reunion, and millie's body started to shake as she turned around slowly.

wyatt eyed her up and down. "what's this new look? i don't know if i like it, babe."

finn stepped forward threateningly, but millie pushed him back, a frown moving to her face.

"actually, i think i can wear whatever i want. and i'm not your babe. i broke up with you, remember? because you're a cheating, lying, asshole, and if you try anything i'll tell the police what you did to me."

wyatt let out a laugh. "oh, like you would. you're just a scared little girl."

millie raised an eyebrow. "yeah?" she ripped up her dress sleeve to reveal huge bruises lining her arm, and wyatt's eyes widened.

"okay! jesus christ." he glanced over at finn, a mean smirk appearing on his face. "you deserve him, anyway. two losers need each other."

he turned, following sophia, jack, and his other friends outside of the building.

millie frowned, and stepped forward, touching a blonde girl on the arm.

she turned, a frown on her face.

millie hugged her tightly. "lilia, please stay with me. they don't deserve to have you around."

lilia shot a frightened look back at jack, who was scowling at her. "i'm scared," she whispered to millie.

millie smiled, taking her hand. "don't be. we're with you."

lilia shot a final look at the other kids, and followed millie back over to her friends.

"this is lilia, guys," millie introduced her. "she's a great person. and i want her to stay with me."

everyone smiled and greeted her.

millie leaned into finn's chest, sighing as he played with her hair. "i don't feel like school."

finn grinned. "i mean i guess we could go to-,"

"mcdonalds?" they said in unison, and laughed as they exited the building, and climbed inside finn's car, millie sticking her feet up on the dash as she sat down.

"are you even gonna talk to me?" finn teased as millie pulled out her phone.

she shrugged playfully. "i'm only going through with this for the money."

"and because i'm hot."

"right."

-

-

author's note -

someone requested an epilogue, so i decided to add this bonus chapter, and i really like how it turned out. i like this ending better, i think.

anyway, i love you. thanks once more for reading. :))