Ch 73

Mari's pov
I smiled at Jaxon, we all exchanged happy glances and then started to walk into the cave.

The cave was dark and gave off an eery feeling, I frowned clearly uncomfortable and pet Yuuta slowly.

I looked at Fall, who was walking right beside me, and his eyes. You couldn't really see them. The cave was really dark... All of a sudden I heard a voice singing a sweet melody... how soothing.

Wait. "Where are we going again?" I said and stopped in my tracks. I heard everyone's footsteps stop. "Who are you again?" I asked as I turned to look at a guy walking besides me.

He had white hair and grey eyes. His expression looked weird. It looked liked he was hurt or confused, it's too dark to see.

I looked at my arms, it was wrapped around a white animal with red markings on its face, it whimpered and looked at me sadly.

Ah my chest hurts...? Why? I looked around and saw two other people, one of them looked familiar the other didn't. They both had beautiful blue ocean eyes.

I pointed at the one with blonde hair and said, "I know you. Your eyes... they're so pretty and familiar."

The man looked confused. "Mari are you ok?" His face was worried and confused, his eyes seemed to lose their light. I pursed my lips and my chest hurt even more.

'Don't ever forget yourself. Young girl you have so much to live for, don't forget the people who helped you. I will help you remember, but you must get out quick. She will find you and use you. Your friend will all perish by your hands if you don't learn how to control yourself.' Said a calm quiet voice.

"Ugh.." I groaned as I put down the animal in my arms and grabbed my head. It hurts. Make it stop, please.

°
°
°
°
°
°
°
Huh...? What happened? I looked around, I was surrounded by fishes and an array of bright and blurry colors. I'm in water? I closed my mouth and held my breath, I turned to my side and saw Jaxon beside me.

I looked up and saw the blinding yellow light of the sun.

A fish quickly swam past me, startled I gasped, and he turned over to look at me. His blonde hair floated in the water, his ocean eyes seemed to blend with the background. Jaxon smiled.

I felt an overwhelming feel of emotion take over, I smiled back. Jaxon grabbed both of my hands and turned over to me, his eyes seemed to suddenly have lost their glow, Jaxon seemed to be mouthing words.

I couldn't hear his voice, I blinked at him confusedly and tried to speak, I couldn't hear my voice.

I turned over to Jaxon scared, he kept on talking as we slowly sunk to the bottom of the ocean, the bright coral seems to fade and lose their color and the fish seemed to slowly leave.

I pursed my lips and grabbed onto Jaxon feeling a suffocating feeling surround me. Jaxon looked up at me, his eyes seemed to be frowning in the grey color.

I felt Jaxon's arms wrap around my waist, I looked at him sadly and wrapped my arms around him.

"I have to do this, I need to be a leader."
I closed my eyes and felt an overwhelming amount of pressure over my shoulders...
°
°
°
°
Fall's pov
When I looked over at Mari confusedly I only blinked once until I heard a nice song and turned away. I was in a different place suddenly.

The colors were a mix of yellow and black, streaks of red and green. Some parts were even left blank. Where am I?

I turned over to my left and saw a figure sitting in a mix of colors of bright red and dark blue. I furrowed my eyebrows trying to get a closer look at this mysterious figure before approaching.

I saw dark brown hair and blue eyes look over at me full of rage. It's Jordan.

I walked towards him and saw his mouth move but I couldn't hear him, his eyes seemed to get consumed by fear as I walked closer to him.

A few feet away he stood up and started signaling to stop, I stopped a few inches away from the messy mix of colors.

Staring down at the dark colors I looked back up at Jordan, he looked drained as he sunk back down on the floor.

"I'm so tired." Jordan's voice said.

It was silent after the remark, a loud bang was heard, I looked up and around the area trying to find the source of the sound.

When I turned back Jordan was now laying in the ground panting, I felt my eyes widened as I ran to him.

Stepping in the messy mass the colors seemed to have started to consume the blank space, I stopped watching everything unfold. "Agh... Groaned Jordan, I turned back and ran to him.

Picking his head up I poked his face.

"I'm tired. I can't take this any longer, I really am useless, I only suck to people like a parasite."

I felt a sad feeling bubble inside of me all of a sudden. I yawned and fell over Jordan, "I'm tired too." I said feeling drained.

I also felt the terrible feeling of guilt.
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°
°