Chapter 55

Mari's pov
What am I? Am I truly a monster? Do I really have a lot of darkness in me? Questions ran through my head as I watched my hands and legs move slowly.

My scythe appeared right in my hand as I started to panic. I felt tears fall down my cheeks as it looked directly in the direction of the girl with black eyes.

The girl looked at me nervously as the whispers roared 'PREPARE TO SEE WHAT TRUE BLOODSHED IS! STARTING WITH HER!'

My body ran up to her as she dodged my first attack and then ran away.

She brought her sword to her hand and said trying not to lose composure "My My... Are you mad?" I stayed silent as I shadow-traveled behind her and stabbed her in the back.

She was silent at first but then she turned her head to look back at me.

Her eyes filled with panic as I just watched her die. I took my scythe out of her back. A smile forcefully erupted from me as Jordan, Jaxon and Fall watched.

My body then turns towards them as a smirk grew on my face. 'Let us show you something... your friends are scared of you.'  My grip tightened on the scythe as I ran towards them and shadow-traveled behind Jordan and kicked him.

He collapsed to the ground groaning as I heard Jaxon yell "Hey Mari c-calm down!" My heart sank as I detected fear in his voice. 'See he can't trust you!' Tears streamed down my face as I looked at him sadly.

My expression soon was overwhelmed with madness... Am I really the monster?... is what the whisper said about my darkness really true?

Jaxon's pov
Mari's eye glowed vividly as darkness fell. Tears stained her cheeks as she looked at me horrified and yet sad.

My heart beat rapidly as I hated to see her in this state, yet I was acting scared. Mari's scythe was lifted into the air as it was coming down quicker then ever.

I felt a light breeze which soon blew into a big wave of wind pushing Mari and I back. I turned to look at Fall who had one of his arms extends and the other holding the white ball of fur.

Mari was stunned as I took this as a chance to go to Jordan and tell him to run.

I started to speed ahead of him into a open field. I turned back but I saw Jordan in the same place.

"Are you just going to leave her then?! Isn't she your friend?" Asked Jordan out of the blue while he stood there staring at me. He's right. How could I be so afraid?
Small flashback

My mom and I ran as we were being chased by the fellow villagers  who were possessed. I turned back as I noticed my mom fall onto the grassy field.

I stopped and looked into her eyes. They were black. No longer those loving eyes I loved. They were just full of emptiness.

My mom-- No the monster looked at me smiling as it ran towards me and grabbed me by the neck. Tears filled my eyes as I reluctantly kicked the minster in the stomach.

The thing grunted as it let go of me and held onto its stomach. More of them came running into a circle only I the only human left was going to die. In the corner of my eye I noticed one come running towards me with a sword lifted into the air.

It was brought slamming down onto the ground as I jumped from the ground. I walked backwards as my heart beated rapidly. I bumped into something and felt myself being lifted up.

I heard a chuckle as the sword in front of me was lifted and going to be slammed. I closed my eyes as I heard a howl of pain and multiple screaming.

I opened my eyes quickly and saw water from the village come soaring quickly. It then was close enough that it seemed to have picked me up continue the rest of the way..
End
I looked at him and back at Mari in fear. I nodded and mumbled "She is one I care for a lot." I heard Jordan chuckle as I looked back at Mari and saw her standing and looking at Fall.

Fall started  walking towards her.