#18 He's A Single Dad Part 2

#18 He’s A Single Dad Part 2

Ashton: No words were spoken until Ashton had pulled into the driveway of their home. Just as Aaron tried to get out of the car, Ashton pushed the locks, keeping the both of them in the car. “Dad? What are you doing?” Ashton sighed. “You really miss how it was huh?” Aaron sighed deeply. “Yeah, i do. Don’t you?” Ashton admitted what he hadn’t told anyone else. “Yeah.” “Why’d mom leave? Why didn’t she leave sooner if she was going to leave, why’d she leave so late when she knew it would hurt the both of us, dad?” he now had tears in his eyes and Ashton leaned over the seat and pulled his son in for a hug. “I don’t know, i really don’t know. But, how about, um, we start our own drum lessons next week, think we can do that?” Aaron pulled back and wiped a tear. “That’s a start, what then?” Ashton unlocked the car. “Not sure, let’s figure that out over pizza tonight, alright?” Aaron smiled. “Sounds like a plan dad.”

Michael: His little girl was asleep in the backseat and he gently undid her buckles as he lead her into the house. Laying her down on the couch while he cooked dinner, he thought about the conversation he had with her teacher and began to cry silently, that was until he felt a tug at his pant leg. “Daddy, are you crying?” Michael didn’t bother lying to his little girl. “Yeah, sorry Macey.” He picked her up and she wrapped her tiny arms around his neck, resting her head on his shoulder. “I miss mommy, daddy. I miss her a lot!” Michael patted her back and turned the oven off. “I miss her too, but, we’ll be okay, just you and me, alright?” She leaned back in his arms and giggled. “You promise daddy?” Michael. “Yeah, daddy promises, Macey!”

Calum: “She asked about (YN) this morning.” Calum says during rehearsals that day. The other three guys looked up at Calum with sympathy over their faces. “What are you going to tell her?” Luke asked, fixing a string on his guitar. Calum sighed, placing his guitar on the floor against a wall, staring off into space. “I don’t know what all i can tell a three year old. I told her i’d explain later, but, i know it’s going to bug me now to tell her now. What do i tell her?” Ashton stood up and put both hands on Calum’s shoulders. “She may not understand, but, you need to tell her the truth.” “I need to tell her that her mother left because she didn’t want to handle having a child with a celebrity?” Ashton nodded. “You asked what you should tell her, i’m just saying you should tell her the truth, don’t lie to her.”

Luke: He got home and placed the car seat on the coffee table. The other guys were there already, they had done what Luke requested and moved your stuff, so that Luke wouldn’t have to do it himself. “You alright?” Michael asked and Luke sighed as he undid Crispin’s buckles. “I’m doing the best i can.” Calum and Ashton stood against the wall behind Luke. “Do you want us to stay or leave, it’s up to you.” Luke looked around, the tears spilling from his eyes once again. “I can’t do this alone, i don’t want to be alone.” The other guys nodded and all crowded around Luke in a familiar band hug. “Once a group, Luke, always a group and we’re here for each other no matter what. You can count on us!” Ashton says and Luke smiles. “Thanks guys, now, who wants to change Crispin’s diaper?”