Chapter 16

"Let us go downstairs, dinner should be ready." Fugaku said, standing up. Naruto stood up stretching.
"Thank you for talking to me about my parents." Naruto said, bowing. Fugaku ruffled her hair, giving her a small smile. "Are you guys not gonna go to the Kyuubi festival?" Naruto asked after a while, making Fugaku looked at her. She almost flinched if she hadn't remembered that the serious calculating face was his resting face. "The festival is celebrating the wrong things, I refuse to go to such things." Fugaku stated coldly, angry at the village for even coming up with such a reason to celebrate. "Why would we go to such a boring festival when we can celebrate your birthday, Naru-chan?" Itachi said, coming out from the kitchen with some of the dishes they have cooked up. Naruto jumped sightly, she forgot Itachi remembers her birthday. "Ma ma, it's nothing special, there's no need to celebrate." Naruto said sheepishly, at that Sasuke launched a pillow at her, knocking her over as she wasn't expecting it.
"Dobe." Sasuke said, narrowing his eyes as if to challenge her to a fight. This is going to be the only way to take Naruto's mind off those wretched things the villagers make her believe. Naruto jumped to her feet, grabbing the pillow with her. "Teme! You're going to get it from me!" Naruto growled, lunging at Sasuke with the pillow. Sasuke blocked with another pillow and began trying to swat away the attacks Naruto was aiming at him. "What's all the commotion about?!" Mikoto yelled as she balanced more food out from the kitchen. Naruto dropped herself onto the couch, putting the pillow behind her. Sasuke hugged onto the pillow, leaning on it. The two pretending nothing happened. Mikoto eyed the two suspiciously, then the other two occupants before she went back into the kitchen. Naruto yanked the pillow from behind her and continued attacking Sasuke. "You two should stop fighting." Itachi chided lightly, a smile on his lips.
"Not unless this Baka surrenders!" The two said in unison, Itachi and Fugaku looked at each other; this fight is never going to end.
"No fighting you two." Mikoto said when she saw Naruto and Sasuke raising the pillow to hit each other. Sasuke and Naruto lowered the pillow, "sorry." the two muttered.
"Come and eat." Naruto hovered awkwardly, unsure where to sit. Mikoto noticing her struggle, tapping her hand on the back of the chair next to Sasuke. Naruto smiled at her, nodding her thanks. Naruto fidgeted at the table, unsure what she's supposed to do. When does she start? What does she eat first? Stop stressing kit, they can sense all your anxiety. Naruto looked at them, only to see them looking at her. Naruto let out a yelp and looked at her fingers. You are making them even more worried.
Then what do you suggest I do, you furball?! Naruto snarled at the nine tailed fox. "Let's start!" Mikoto announced, clapping her hands together. Normally they just say their thanks and start eating but seeing Naruto struggle like that, Mikoto decided to help her. It makes them a little sad that Naruto doesn't know what to do at a dining table when this is a normal thing for everyone. When they were done, Naruto helped cleared the table and wash up all the dishes despite Mikoto's protests. "Presents!" Mikoto declared happily.
"Uh, mom, you forgot the uh," Sasuke said, gesturing to the fridge. Mikoto smacked her forehead, why does she keep forgetting the cake out of all things. "What did she forget?" Naruto asked. Sasuke, not wanting to spoil the surprise, patted her head and pulled her closer. Itachi had slipped away to turn off the lights. Naruto tensed, her hand on her kunai. Mikoto emerged from the kitchen, holding onto the cake with candles lit. "Happy birthday Naruto!" Naruto's eyes watered, this was the first time she's meeting Sasuke's entire family and they are all being so nice to her and doing so much stuff for her. "Make a wish, Naruto." Sasuke said softly. Naruto thought for a bit before she blew out the candle and Itachi went to flick the light back on. "Thank you." Naruto deserves all the love she can get from now on.