Chapter 33

"What are you planning?" Naruto asked quietly, unable to wait any longer. The daimyo looked at her, the smile turning into a more knowing looking. "They need to know that you are important. More important than any of those pathetic villagers." Himiko said, still smiling.
"Why? It's not important. Not anymore. They didn't know then, they don't need to know now. It's pointless, nothing is going to change." Naruto said, looking up from the report she was writing, and the daimyo decided to sit and join her at the table. Himiko stared at Naruto, waiting for the blond to back down but she did not. "I believe you don't see the bigger picture here. They respect the Namikaze and the Uzumaki clan. They love the yondaime and his wife. Yondaime was the best warrior. You are their legacy."
"I am not their legacy. I'm just another orphan. I don't live up to their legacy." Naruto muttered to herself, looking down. The Daimyo's jaw clenched so tightly she almost cracked her teeth. What did this wretched village do to her? Why is she like this? I have failed you, Minato... Kushina. The daimyo thought to herself as she sighed and made her way towards the kitchen, not wanting to argue with Naruto and make her even more upset. Sasuke was debating with himself whether to go to Naruto or leave her alone for the moment. Shikamaru and Neji would not know what either is thinking so they can't help Sasuke with his dilemma either. The two quietly conversed with Itachi as Sasuke zoned out, his attention on Naruto. Naruto looked up at Sasuke. The two having a silent conversation, ending with Naruto letting out a short laugh and Sasuke glaring at the blond.  The others in the room watch the exchange in confusion and amusement. There is no way they can have a proper conversation with one another without any form of help... telekinesis? No. Can the Kyuubi... nahh. They thought of possibilities but shot each one of them down

"What did you want to discuss with us, daimyo-sama?" Fugaku asked at the dining table as they were eating. Himiko looked up from her food, chewing and swallowing before she spoke. She put her utensils down and the others followed suit. "As you know, Naruto is special. Minato chose his own daughter for a reason. One may have been that he could not ask anyone else to sacrifice their child but the main reason was that he believed in Naruto, he believed that Naruto could master the powers of the great nine-tailed fox. He wanted me to send Jiraiya to bring you to the lightning country for training, to master the power." Naruto frowned, that can't be the end of what she wants to say.
"What?! The lightning country will throw a fit." Sasuke muttered. Naruto patted Sasuke's arm to tell him to calm down.
"There is no need for that. My supposed godfather was not there when I needed him, I don't need him to help me with anything now." Naruto said softly, she wasn't angry that Jiraiya prioritised everything over her but it would have been nice to even receive a letter from him, however, there was none. The daimyo opened her mouth to protest and convince Naruto that she needs to master the powers of the Kyuubi when Naruto was suddenly engulfed in this flowy yellow chakra cloak. Naruto smiled, tilting her head. "I already did it. The villagers that think the kyuubi was going to come loose was worrying about nothing but oh well, whatever helps them sleep at night ehh." Naruto said nonchalantly as the chakra cloak fades away. They flinched at how calm Naruto is about one day getting killed by people of her own village. "You could do that all along?" Sasuke asked, pretending to be offended. Naruto smiled sheepishly at him.
"It wouldn't be fair for you if I used it." Naruto said, a bright chakra hand shooting out from behind her and towards Sasuke, tickling him. Sasuke bit his lips, trying to stop Naruto and not laugh. Naruto smiled at Sasuke before releasing him from her grip.
"Okay then... the other thing, Naruto is a Namikaze and Uzumaki as you all should know by now; she is the last of the Namikaze clan and one of the only Uzumaki left, she needs to produce clan heir-"
"No," Sasuke growled, making them look at him in surprise. Sasuke remembered that day when Naruto had cried so hard it hurt his heart badly. He remembered her crying about not being able to produce a child and even if she did, people will label the child as a demon spawn. "What are you talking about, Sasuke?" Neji asked softly. Naruto looked at her food when Shikamaru and Itachi looked at her. Sasuke sighed, the daimyo is causing more headaches for them than it is worth. "Naruto does not want to have children." a gruff voice boomed. They jumped, startled by the voice. They looked around but there was no one around. "Over here, you stupid humans." The voice said, directing them towards Naruto. Naruto looked up but with dark red slit eyes. The voice that spoke was not hers. "I am the great Nine tailed fox- Stop interrupting me, Naruto I'm trying to talk." Kurama said to himself outloud when communicating with Naruto. "Fine fine I'll eat while I talk so that you're not gonna die of starvation, jeez." Kurama picked up the spoon, almost dropping it back onto the table mumbling about stupid human tools.
"Naruto doesn't want to have children." Kurama repeated, scooping up some rice and shovelling it in Naruto's mouth.
"Why not?" Neji asked, uncertain if that was going to make him sound rude or what.
"The villagers hate her remember? Of course they'll do anything to make sure that their little activities wouldn't cause the 'kyuubi brat' wouldn't spawn their children." Everyone on the table gasped when they realised what the villagers were doing to Naruto. They're going to pay for all the things they did to you, Naruto. Just you wait.