Unexpected encounter

"Where are you hurrying off to ?" Xanxus asked you , annoyed as he caught up with you. You quickened your pace once again keeping a distance with him trying to eggy to the ball room where it'd be more crowded so hopefully Xanxus wouldn't try to do anything funny .

"I'm in a hurry to get away from you !!" You shouted back to him causing Xanxus to chuckle, she's embarrassed that badly ? A smirk started to form as he shook his head .

"You won't be safe anywhere (y/n) , I'll do whatever I want to you whenever I want to ." He said causing you to come to a halt , glaring back at him which only amused him more .

"What are you so mad about , it's not like you didn't enjoy it." Xanxus said with his smirk growing bigger causing you to get flustered just thinking about it . You were about to spit back at him when your phone rang, you picked it up to hear a kind VOI !!!

"What do I owe the honor of having you shouting into my ear ?" You asked sarcastically moving away from Xanxus who seemed to know who you were talking to and wasn't very happy about it .

Squalo gave you an update on the situation at hand saying that there was an enemy infiltration spotted just outside the garden but wants both of you to keep an eye open inside the building . Once you put down the phone , turning to Xanxus to tell him what was going on , he glared down at you causing you to raise an eyebrow .

He can't be jealous at a time like this right ? You questioned yourself but once Xanxus asked ,"why is that piece of trash calling you for ?"

You sighed as you shook your head , " updates that there is the presence of an enemy and we need to keep our eyes open . That's it ."

"Why didn't he call me instead ? He doesn't always have to call you ..." Xanxs said annoyed as he looked away .

"Gee I don't know, maybe cause you wouldn't even hear him out ?" You said sarcastically . Xanxus nodded as if agreeing with what you said ," try being nicer to him would you ? This temper of yours haven't change , it's quite problematic ..."

"You haven't changed much either ..." Xanxus said as he stared at you with what seemed like affection filling his gaze .

You looked at him, expression softening , you shouldn't be too hard on him you told yourself, he was your childhood friend after all...

Xanxus gaze started to change with a hint of playfulness taking over, " you're still a horrible kisser ..."

I shouldn't be too hard on him ? What was I thinking ?!

" I didn't expect you to be her Hatake it will be quite a hassle ..." A voice echoed in the hallway with a well built male figure stepping out to reveal himself...

Kira.... You thought to yourself , as you stared at him who smiled at you amused...