Paranoia

Honey was pacing nervously around his room.

"Have I angered her? Why has she not spoken to me in a week?" He muttered to himself.

After that personal talk he had with her, Elliot had started avoiding him.

Every time he spoke up or saw her in the corridor, she would quickly duck her head and run off.

He simply couldn't understand why she would do something like this.

"Master has probably left you to see how you would react. Seeing as you are aiding her in helping the kingdom grow, I'd say she would acknowledge you soon." Persicus stated his opinion.

"You think?" Honey asked,"But why would she avoid me like that? It just seems like she's desperately trying to run away from me or something. Is she mad at something I did?...I don't remember anything though..."

"Oh please, it's probably just a test like Percy said, plus, why are you this worried? It's not like master hates us. And she's not the kind of person to hold a grudge for long or hold a grudge at all. Master isn't petty either. Unless you've done something big to piss her off, I doubt she'd go out of her way to purposefully avoid you. Plus, master is in Bherealia doing something. Told me before she left." Alyssa answered lazily.

"I agree with Val." Abigail answered.

"Why are you so concerned anyway? I haven't seen you in action before but you don't seem like the kind of person to worry much. I mean you waited twenty thousand years or so to show your face." Candie said.

"I-" Honey froze, the answer lodged in his throat.

He didn't know how to answer.

"You what?"

"I...Don't know. It's just been nagging me-Ugh. Never mind, i'm probably just making up these problems." Honey answered dismissively.

"Well what do you call us all here today for? It can't be just because of this, right?" Belladonna questioned.

Honey, as if remembering his original intention, became animated and lively again,"Yes! The actual reason. Sorry, I got sidetracked by my paranoia. Well, the developments for the city and connection and merging of the city of vampires and the kingdom of elves is going smoothly. The dwarves are starting to produce weapons, elves are enchanting spells for everyday uses and battle. BUT...We have a big problem right now. With the dragons as guards and other races, the humans don't feel safe."

"BAH! Those fucking nannies, scared because a pale skinned sharped toothed person talks politely to them. Pfft, why do we even need humans?" Candie hated things that were boring and drab.

"They are integral to a functioning kingdom. They will become traders and can adapt better than any other race, plus they face the least discrimination." Katherine answered,"I have once tried to get rid of humans. In the end, the only thing that suffered was our kingdom."

Candie was discontent but kept quiet, knowing Katherine was right,"Still..."

"We need a plan. A plan to integrate more people and races to live in this kingdom. So we will take a vote. The plan with the most votes will be presented to Elliot."

"Sounds good. Let's get on with it." Alyssa said.

"First, I will show you the map acquired by Raj." Honey pulled out a map and spread it across the table.

"With teleportation magic, the territory of elves, vampires, dragons and dwarves have been moved. Our first two human kingdom has also been moved. They are integrating, at the very least." Honey sighed,"So that leaves us with six more kingdoms before we can conquer this area. Now."

"Hostile...Or diplomacy? There are seven of us so there can't be a tie."

"So, for hostility, who's in?" Honey asked as he raised his hand.

Candie, Abigail and Alyssa too raised their hand.

"So, hostile it is."

"Wait!" Katherine called out.

"Is something the matter?"

"If we fight instead of talk...Won't integrating humans be even tougher? If we were diplomatic...We could make the entire thing easier!"

Candie yawned,"But it'd mean we'd have to sit through hours of idiots talking, no? And talking to boring old mundanes isn't fun~!"

"She has a point." Belladonna added,"It would make the process a lot less fun...But it would smooth everything out p-retty well."

"Still...FUN is more important!" Candie hollered.

"More important than pleasing master?..."

"..." Candie went silent.

"How about this. We split it three-four. Four go hostile, three try the diplomatic route. We gather back here after everyone's done and see which route works better. Unless someone has a better idea?..." Honey suggested.

"I'm in." Persicus answered.

"Fun!" Candie laughed unstably.

"Nn."

The rest agreed.

—————

"So you just happened to chance upon her they day you just happened to take a break? I'm not buying it. You're definitely into her." Evie said with narrowed eyes.

"W-wuh-What?! Into her? What the freak Evie! She's just a friend!" James argued.

Tom nodded,"Yep. Definitely into her."

"Shut up!" James hissed,"I. Am. Not. Into. Elliot."

"Ooh, first name basis on day two? Talk about moving in quick." Evie teased, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

James' head drooped in defeat,"Could you stop with the teasing?"

Evie chuckled and patted James on his head,"C'mon pal, it ain't fun if you're not reacting. Well she looks fine, a bit quiet but fine."

James nodded,"She's strong too. Cleaved one of 'em Dreaven-kin clean with a short sword."

Tom whistled, impressed,"Sounds like we'll be getting good help."

James grinned and waved Elliot over, she hurriedly ran over, greeting the two.

"Alright! We're all set and ready to go! Our assignment's pretty simple. Some herbs for the potion master. Let's get on with it!"

"Hey." James tapped Elliot on her shoulder,"Training is experience so just follow my movements and see if you can gain anything from that."

Elliot nodded eagerly, matching his walking pace as they left the kingdom.

—————

Nightfall.

"Hup!" Tom shouted as his sword smashed into the orc.

"Open! Elliot!" James hollered, his short sword aiming for the orc's legs.

"[Minor Healing Touch]!" Evie chanted, green light healing the minor wounds the orc had inflicted on Tom.

"On it!" Elliot boosted off the orc's back, ramming the short sword's blade into the orc's head, denting the skull with a sickening crack.

"GRAAAA!" The orc gave a final cry as it fell lifelessly to the floor.

"That's the last one!" Evie yelled.

"Gotcha!" Tom laughed, cutting the orc's ear, the part they had been tasked to collect.

"Nice work!" James praised Elliot, giving her a thumbs up.

Elliot nodded as she helped collect the other parts that could be sold.

"Tch." Evie sighed, annoyed.

"What's up?" Tom asked.

"It's night already. I don't think we'll be able to get back. It's too dark."

"Camp out?" James asked.

"Yepper. I remembered the stuff so we'll be fine."