Nothing Like Ice-Cream & News

Three days had passed since that incident.

Elliot had vaguely explained who the mystery man was but it was clear she didn't want to go into detail.

James woke up, sunlight rushing through the window, the vivid memory of that man burned into his mind.

His hands clenched as he frowned.

It was unfair.

Why did he get to hug Elliot?

Who was he anyway?

He's a muscular, good-looking man that could take you down with his left pinky.

His subconscious reminded him almost mockingly.

"Tch." James shook his head violently,"Get out of my head. I need to concentrate."

Today was the group's day off.

Every week, they had a day to themselves.

He put on a clean shirt and pants, his feet sliding into trusty pair of boots.

Castle Kitchen.

"Ice...Cream?" Garedon, the head cook spoke, unsure of himself.

Elliot nodded,"Do you know how to make it?"

"I'm sorry your highness but I don't think i've heard of this recipe before..."

Elliot puffed her cheeks,"Darn..."

She had raided the kitchen from top to bottom trying to find something cold and sweet that was not cake...or...fruitcake...or any kind of cake for that matter but to no avail.

"I could probably make it...Right?" Elliot muttered,"Just like how I made some for dad with mum..."

Elliot couldn't quite remember her parents, or relatives.

She remembered doing things with them but she just couldn't connect on a familial level.

"Right. Garedon."

"Yes, you highness!"

"I need a small metal canister another one that can fit said small canister in it, milk, sugar, salt and some ice! I'll teach you how to make ice-cream!"

Garedon bowed,"Right away miss!"

Two hours and several hundred tries later, Elliot tasted her three hundred and sixty eighth batch of vanilla ice-cream.

Her tired eyes suddenly twinkled, her exhaustion disappeared as the cold treat rejuvenated her.

"T-this...It's delicious your highness!" Garedon shouted, wolfing his portion down as grateful tears slid down his cheeks,"Such sweetness, I!..."

Elliot nodded,"Thank god for my food and consumer classes in secondary..." She mumbled between shoving literal spoonfuls of ice-cream into her mouth.

"I've written down the recipe. There should be other flavours you can make, I'll leave the experimenting to you but could you bring some more ingredients first? I want to make a bit more." Elliot asked.

"Yes, my lord!" Garedon shouted, running off to grab more ingredients.

A few hours later, Elliot left the castle once more not before leaving a small box for each of the rooks to taste.

She packed the remaining bit into a small box for herself before teleporting to Bherealia.

She walked out of the alley and into the square, vendors scrambling to attract customers bustling crowds walking.