Little Secret

Nyx's P.O.V.:

I hopped into the hotel shower letting the heated streams of water fall across my body. I knew that I could trust Calum, but I've only ever been able to let Juliet in. I'm scared of how he will think of me..

"Nyx?" Calum calls through the locked door scaring the shit out of me.

"What?" I say.

"Are you okay , you've been in there for an hour?"

Have I really? Damn I guess you really do get lost in your thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm getting out now."

He must have walked away because he didn't answer. I turned off the steaming water and grabbed a white towel. I stepped out of the shower and onto the cold tile floor wrapping the warm towel around my body. Shit my clothes are out there.

"Hey Cal?" I shouted through the cracked bathroom door.

"Hm?" He said walking over to the door.

"Uh.. could you hand me my clothes they are on the dresser?" I asked shyly.

"Oh sure."

He walked over to the dresser and brought back my top and bottoms then began to walk away.

"WAIT!" I yelled.

"What?!" he yelled back chuckling.

"You dropped my ...underwear.."

I saw him look around the room then spot my black lace underwear on the floor. He hesitated to pick them up, then threw them at me and laughed walking out of the room. I slipped my clothes on then walked into the room.

"I'm gonna go to bed Cal." I told him.

He walked over to the bed and said ,

"Me too , I'm pretty tired."

We both crawled into the bed and he turned off the lamp. We sat there in silence for awhile, but we knew that both of us were awake.

"Psst Nyx." he whispered.

"Haha what?" I giggled.

"Hi." he laughed and so did I.

"Hi Calum." I said rolling over to face him. He smiled and turned to face me too.

"You know what I just realized?" he said.

"No? haha what?" I asked.

"I don't even know how old you are." he laughed.

"Oh thats true! Hahaha, well Calum I'm 16."

"Oh okay . Good to know ahah."

We sat there for a little just asking small questions like birthdays and favorite colors, but thats when he asked about my family and I didn't know how to answer.

"So your mom was cool with you coming?" he asked.

"Oh...uhm. something like that." I say quietly.

he scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and asked,

"What do you mean?"

I huffed and tried to rack my brain for a simple answer,  but I knew he wouldn't let this thing drop this time.

"I can trust you right?" I say.

He nods scooting a little closer.

"I hope you don't change your opinion on me..well remember how I said you helped me?"

He nodded again waiting for me to keep talking.

"..well I was being serious. I've had a really difficult life. So let's start out with the beginning shall we? I was 6 when it happened. My mom left me home alone for 3 hours locked outside of my house. I called her multiple times to know where she was because I was scared. She finally turned off her phone so she wouldn't have to answer.. when she came home she went in her room to do drugs with her friends. 10 minutes later the cops were at our door. They searched the house, but not good enough. The next week they sent a CPS worker to come talk to me about my home life , and I accidentally said something I shouldn't have. I was taken away. I belong to the state and go in between houses a lot. I've suffered from depression and anxiety, but the only one who knows that is my best friend Juliet..." I started to cry and Calum brought me to his chest.

"Shh, its okay babe." he whispered to me. I nodded and continued.

"Well when I was sent to a new home I started in a new town and met her. Its really small, and is called Stormybrooke. Everyone judged me because I was ..strange I guess. Juliet didn't. She was sweet and I grew to trust her. I've been best friends with her for 6 years now. About a year and a half ago everything went downhill. I was kicked out of my house and my life was crumbling down around me. I felt like I was suffocating. . I left Juliet a small note in her locker saying "I love you no matter what. Please don't think this is your fault. I'm watching over you. Goodbye. "

Calum's mouth was wide open, and I started to cry harder.

"See... I knew you'd think worse of me and im not even fucking done!" I shouted trying to wriggle out of his grip, but he only tightened it. He leaned down to kiss my forehead and said,

"Please keep going, its ok."

I let a few more tears fall before I went back to talking.

"Well Juliet rushed over to my house to find me fumbling with the b-bottle.. she called 911 and saved my life. You guys come in right after that. I wasnt released for 15 days due to being under extreme suicide watch and when I was Juliet came to me and said she was moving to New York. I shattered. I lost her for a year and was completely on my own. Yes I have my 'brother' Elias and 'sister' Eva , but they didnt really care.. I needed to grasp something , and that thing was music. I found you guys and I fell in love with who you were and I decided no one would ever take you away from me.." I said finishing.

Calum's P.O.V.:

She was far from perfect and I knew that now,  but it clicked. I loved her. Hearing her story made me want to hold her and battle her battles for her. No one deserved this especially not her. She misses Juliet so much.. I have to get her here. I will surprise her.

"Nyx.. I'm so sorry. But I'm so happy you found us and held on. You're so strong and I am so fucking proud of you." I told her kissing her head again. She nodded and nuzzled into my chest.

"Please...don't tell anyone this..I'm begging you." she mumbled.

"Promise. It's our little secret."

She closed her eyes and said,

"..our little secret."

then fell asleep in my arms. She was an amazing girl for being only 16, and I wanted to make her feel that way. I had a plan on getting Juliet here in the morning, but for now I needed to cherish this moment.