~NinE~

GUYS.

I'M NOT INTO ANIME, BUT THIS ONE I'VE BEEN WATCHING.

IT'S SO GOOD. IT'S CALLED FUTURE DIARY AND IT'S AWESOME.

HERE'S A LINK TO EPISODE 1:

~~~~10:00 - 9 HOURS UNTIL THE WEDDING

Fresh had been following Dream and Ink for quite some time now. Error had instructed him to gain their trust before leading them into the dungeon. But he had grown so close to them in the past couple of hours. He didn't want his new friends to die. But if he let them loose, who knows how Error could react. If they don't die, he may have to.

He watched as they battled the goons who had attacked him. He knew each of them, but never liked anyone. While working in the castle, they weren't so nice to him. The bright colors he chose to wear set him apart from everyone else. He considered himself a villain, and anyone who knew the real him would say so, too. But whether he was like them or not, he looked like a walking package of Skittles, and that doesn't get you any credit when you're a bad guy.

Ink wiped a few droplets of sweat off of his head, looking at the unconscious bodies around him. He chuckled.

"It's funny, really," he said, looking at Fresh. "They keep challenging me and I keep winning. If my streak proves anything, Error doesn't stand a chance against me."

Fresh just smiled and nodded. Dream was trying to get back his balance, holding onto a wall.

"If I have to fight anyone else, my head will fall off before we get to the castle," he said, putting a hand to his skull, rubbing at the sides as if he had a headache. "No wonder Ink's having a blast. You used to do this for a living, and I was just an apothecary."

"Yeah, but I'm definitely getting more action doing this," Ink replied playfully

It was true. Before moving, Ink and Dream both had actual jobs. Ink was a member of the kingdom's royal guard, while Dream was the apprentice to an herbalist. So why move?

Ink grew bored of standing on the perimeter of the queen's castle all day. Dream was fired for giving a poor boy free goods when his boss wasn't watching. But he couldn't help it - It pained him to see the boy covered in dirt and mud. He claimed that his younger sister was dying and his family couldn't even afford food to feed their children everyday. Dream teared up, looking around to make sure no one was watching, before handing him a remedy of sorts and telling him to run. His boss didn't see, but a customer noticed and told him the whole thing.

After losing their jobs, the two decided there was nothing left for them there and they moved to a new kingdom. They soon met Sci and (Y/N), learning about the prophecy and promising to keep the princess safe from Error. Error, Ink and Dream were never introduced, though they had talked at a previous event, simply not caring about each other's existence. Little did they know it would for into a rivalry.

Fresh and Dream were talking back and forth about the story of how they came to be. Fresh listened, getting lost in Dream's story.

"That's mad wicked, bruh," he said, smiling.

"I know. And now we're in this entire mess. I didn't want to come along, but it's actually been really fun so far. Except for the part where those goons captured me and tied me to a boulder. That sucked."