Unexpected Connection~1

It was 7:30 am and there was an alarm going off in the distance, but I was too busy being sound asleep wrapped up in another one of my famous dreams about living happily ever after with my one and only hero Criss Angel, yep that's right of all the celebrity's in the world to be hooked on I was hooked on the sexy Greek magician from Las Vegas. Hi my name is Kayley Chan Monroe and the story I am going to tell you is about how I started and ended with my dream coming true, but let's start back at the beginning.

My alarm was still going off on my phone that was very neatly hidden in the top drawer of my dresser while it was charging. It wasn't until it rang a few times that it woke me up from my lovely fantasy dream, I lazily rolled out of my bed and searched thru my sock drawer and finally decided to pull it out by the charger cord instead of riffling thru my socks. I quickly hit connect and mumbled hello not realizing that it was my boss letting me know that I was fashionably late for work again and that I needed to get my ass in gear if I didn't want to get fired. I snickered thru the phone and told him that he fired me last Tuesday, then I told him that I was getting dressed as we spoke and would be there in 10 minutes.

After I hung up with him, I fell back down on the bed moaning and groaning about not wanting to go into work this morning, but I finally got dressed and grabbed my keys and headed out, luckily for me I took my shower last night so I didn't need one this morning, I just ran out the door and hopped in my brother's car that I was borrowing for the time being and headed to Elmo's Bar and Grill, and yes it was the very same bar that was in the famous Brat Pack movie St. Elmo's Fire, with just real people working it instead of actors. My boss met me at the front doors and tossed me my waitress's apron and told me to get busy because Corey didn't come in at all either and he won't answer his phone. 

I really hated it when I was working solo in such a big bar, running around waiting on people was rather hectic especially during the breakfast and lunch hours when it was jammed packed, and of course I was always pulling double shifts for the boss so I never got out of the place until after midnight when I locked up. But I did love the paycheck though, it paid for my apartment, and put food on my plate, and it wasn't hard to take care of things for I lived alone and didn't require much. Yep the story of my life, a terminal bachelorette, never having the time to date or think about being in a relationship with a guy. Not that their's ever been a guy interested in me though, for I was fully aware that I was a below average looking girl, but I also knew that I had a heart of gold and had no ill will against anyone.

It wasn't until the third week during my last shift at Elmo's Bar, that I heard my boss talking on the phone about having a few of his girls working for a very special event that was coming up in another week. I didn't catch all of it, but when I heard the words celebrity hosting celebration I leaped on the inside hoping like hell he would send me, for I was his best worker whether he believed it or not, and I would kill for that kind of acknowledgment, and the opportunity to meet real celebs and wait on them. As soon as he hung up the phone he wrote down the date and time and all the requirements needed for the party, then he checked out his schedule log and all of his employees. 

I carried the last bunch of clean dishes to the back and stacked them nicely on the shelf, then I hung up my apron and locked the kitchen area and the front door and turned off the bar's front lights and went into his office and told him I was heading out, as I tried like hell not to beg for the job, I just couldn't resist and asked him about it, and who he was going to send in for the job. Without looking up at me he said he would probably send Tina and Perry for they had the most experience and been working in the bar longest. I grumbled at him as I begged him to give me the chance because I never got to serve at a special celebrity party before, and Tina and Perry has, and it just wasn't fair, especially when I've been working my ass off lately because everybody else wanted to take the days off, and I really deserved it this time.

I guess my boss got tired of hearing me whine, because he told me that he would let me be a part of it if I would get out right now and not say another word to him, so instead of pressing my luck and telling him goodnight I just gave him a big grin and rushed out of the bar and hopped in the car and raced home with a real sense of accomplishment, I Kayley Chan Monroe was going to go to my very first celebrity party! Then it all dawned on me that I needed to do some major shopping if I wanted to look my best for it, I mean I knew I was just going to be serving them, but I still wanted to look good doing it. But I had time for the party wasn't happening until next weekend, and I would be totally ready for it!