Unexpected Connection~4

(Criss's P.O.V.)

Klayton finally made it to my house with Johnny safe and sound, I thought he was going to wreck us at least twice before making it to my driveway, but I knew Klayton was just pressing my buttons because he was a very good driver maybe even better than me, and that isn't easy. Not that my lil man noticed because he was sound asleep in my lap, my guess was my brother kept him up all night watching late night cartoons, while my mom filled him up with all sorts of sweets. But that's what grandmas were for, much love and spoiling their grandkids rotten. Klayton tossed me my car keys as he took my sleeping boy outta my arms and walked into Serenity like he owned it.

I snickered to myself as I followed him in and shut the door behind me, I quickly told my pack of furbabies to stay quiet so they didn't wake Johnny up, yep I am an animal lover, I had 5 dogs and one cat, well one cat that thought he was a dog, his name was Hammie. My two German Shepherds were Chicklet and Oso, then I had a Rottie named Houdini, a Bull Terrier named Spike, and a solid black Akita named Xristos. Klayton came back down from Johnny's room and said he was tucked in and sound asleep, I finished up feeding and putting fresh water out for my four-legged family members, then I grabbed two beers out of the fridge and tossed Klayton one as I plopped my ass in the seat next to him.

Klayton downed his in three swallows, then stared at me until I couldn't take it anymore and asked him what in the hell did he want to say because his silent staring was very irritating. Klayton kept a straight face as he told me that I really needed to get laid because I've been a total asswipe ever since my now ex-fiance ditched me. I rolled my eyes at him and told him I had more important things to do then to go around hunting for sluts to fuck. Klayton wrapped his arm around me as he got very close to my ear and said very seriously, "like what?"

I pushed him away as I was now laughing my ass off, and told him that I had a house to keep up, and son to raise, and a lot of work to do for my career, not to mention get all the shit ready for the benefit party tomorrow. Klayton looked down at the floor where Houdini was laying on his feet and said not to worry that if anyone could find a female at a party it was me if he didn't take them first. I slapped him on his head as I told him I wasn't going to argue with his silly ass or compete with him, and if I did meet a girl at the party it was not going to be just for a one night stand. But it was highly unlikely that I was going to, for I wasn't having any wants to look. This party was to celebrate the success of my H.E.L.P. foundation for pediatric cancer.

Klayton shook his head at me and said a party was a party, and at them, there was always beautiful young females always looking for attention,  and that was a beautiful thing. I gave Klayton one last chuckled before heading up the stairs to my bedroom telling him good night for I had to get up early to make sure everything was going to be ready for the party. Klayton jumped out of the seat, as the dogs followed him to the door, but he fooled them all he did was turn out the lights, then he worked his way back up the stairs towards an extra room that he claimed as his room.

Chicklet always slept with Johnny, Oso and Hammie slept with me, and the rest of them followed Klayton to his room. I jumped in bed, still not used to my ex not being in the bed next to me, I leaned back against my pillow after turning off the light and just lay there in deep thought on what I was going to do with my life, and if finding another girl to share my life with was even worth all the trouble it caused, then worrying if they were going to be nice and good to my son, and if they liked animals, or if they even liked me for me instead of my money, or my fame. 

I gave a deep sigh as I snuggled under the blankets while listening to Hammie's loud purring in my ear, and rubbing Oso's ear as he lay his head on my chest. After a while my eyes got heavy and my mind emptied from all the thoughts, and I drifted off into a deep sleep. Meanwhile, back in Klayton's room, he was fighting with the other two dogs from hogging the bed and his blankets for it was a fact that Houdini was quite the bed hog, and Spike loved curling up right underneath you, and Xristos loved rooting the blankets into a ball then laying on top of it so no one could cover up with it. 

Klayton pushed them all over with his leg just enough so he could lay comfortably in the bed with only a small corner of the blanket to cover up with, and he finally went to sleep. It wasn't until later on in the night that Houdini and Xristos moved that Klayton finally got his blanket back, but instead Spike moved up right behind Klayton's head and took most of his pillow from him. I thought it was hilarious, but it was an every time thing that my dogs did when Klayton slept over and he was used to it and sometimes crazily enough he looked forward to it. Chicklet was sleeping right next to Johnny keeping him safe from everything, she was the family protector, she and Xristos were the most aggressive dogs I had, and oddly enough none of my pets liked my ex-fiance at all, or any female that I ever brought into the house for that matter.