Unexpected Connection~15

(Kc's P.O.V.)

After the first amazing dinner date with Criss, it was like I was his opposite end of the same magnet always magnetizing us to each other, but he wasn't a player like everyone thought he was, he was actually a true gentleman, and very polite not to mention sexy as hell, with the most adorable smile ever. All the girls at work were still dumbfounded by the entire scenario about Criss Angel actually falling in love with me. But what they thought no longer mattered to me, for the first time in my life, I was truly beginning to live, and I was learning what the beginning of love was all about.

Klayton did come over to see me all the time while I was at the bar working, but he only came as a very good friend asking how Criss and I were getting along and that he wished the best for us because we both deserved it. Every now and then I wondered what it would have been like if Klayton hadn't of backed out of the competition to win my heart because I still feel as if I wouldn't have been able to choose between them. But now that I have been actually dating Criss for almost three weeks now, I found myself falling for him stronger every time I was close to him. I didn't have to worry about his family not liking or approving of me because they already thought of me as a member of the family.

But on the other hand my family getting along with Criss was another story altogether, not that I cared about what my parents thought, because they disowned me a long time ago, but it did hurt my feelings a little bit when my brother told me he didn't like Criss at all, but that was just because my brother didn't trust him yet, he just thought Criss was going to use me, abuse me, and throw me out like yesterday's trash, for from his experience with the rich and moronic, that's just how they were most of the time. But Criss and I both were trying to get him to understand that he wasn't like most celebrities and that he really wanted to make him and I work as a couple, but he didn't want to cause any trouble for me by tearing what family I had left apart because of him.

It was late Saturday night and Criss was driving me home from the movie night we shared after another romantic dinner and dance when Tommy came out and waited for both of us in the front yard. Criss got out of the car and ran around and opened the door for me, then he kissed my hand as he helped me out. We both walked down the sidewalk holding hands and leaning into each other more closely than we ever had before. Tommy watched very closely how we interacted with each other, and realized that all those fights and arguments he's caused over the past few weeks were wrong because there was no way Criss could pretend to have those strong of feelings for me...and that what Criss and I were sharing was very real.

Criss gave my hand a little squeeze as he said he would leave me here and see me again tomorrow because he didn't want to end the perfect evening by arguing with my brother. But before Criss could let my hand go and leave Tommy came over to both of us telling Criss that he couldn't leave yet, because he had something to say. I held onto Criss's hand just a little more tightly as I heard Criss give a troublesome sigh as he looked down before turning around to confront my brother. Criss told Tommy very nicely that he wasn't going to argue with him anymore, and that he loved me and was tired of all the bullshit and that either he needed to man up and be a good brother to me and accept him as my boyfriend, or he needed to leave and let me live my life without him trying to mess up any chances I could ever have at finding happiness and love.

Tommy stood there slightly humored by Criss's little speech, then he did his fake yawn and asked if he was done spilling his speech so he could say what he had to say. Criss grumbled and told him to say what he had to say. Tommy took a deep breath in and said that he just wanted to apologize for being such an overprotective asshole and that he really thought Criss and me really looked good together and wanted to wish us both all the happiness in the world. Then miraculously Tommy held out his hand for Criss to shake to make amends for his stubbornness and believing that Criss was just playing me. 

Criss and I both were utterly shocked at what my brother just said, because just yesterday he and Criss got into a fist fight about him not being good enough for me and that he was nothing but a heartless player. Tommy pointed his finger at both of us as he told us both he just Mindfucked the Mindfreak. Because what can I say, Tommy did freak both of our minds because neither of us thought he would ever come around to liking or allowing Criss to be with me without causing us grief every moment we were together. Tommy and Criss shook hands as they both apologized to each other, but then just before Tommy ran back into the house, he told Criss if he ever broke my heart, he would break him.

Criss ignored the idle threat of my brother and waited for him to go back inside so we would have a moment alone again. We looked deep into each other's eyes for a moment then it happened for the first time since we been together...Criss leaned in very close to me and as he touched my face ever so slightly with his fingertips, he gently pressed his lips to mine and gave me a very sweet and tender kiss.