Unexpected Connection~12

(Criss's P.O.V.)

Klayton and Kc stood by the back door as I went out in the yard seeing my two brothers JD and Costa chasing Johnny thru the yard, with Oso and Chicklet hot on their heels. Mom, JD's wife Lynn, and Costa's fiance Carmen were standing under the tree leaning against its trunk trying to catch their breath from all the running. At first, I thought if Johnny saw me he would stop dead in his tracks and run right toward me wanting me to hold him, but man was I dead wrong. Instead, he screeched out Daddyyyyy very loudly and ran as fast as he could the other way wanting me to join in on the chase. 

Klayton finally pulled Kc out in the backyard as he told us all that us Sarantakos kids were really a blast to watch, then he turned loose of Kc and said he wanted to have a lil fun with his nephew too, so now Klayton was in on the chase. It was very embarrassing when a lil 5-year-old boy could outmaneuver and outrun four adults that were in good health and energy, but he did very creatively I might add. I was hot on my son's heels as he was running as fast as he could and screeching very loudly when Kc noticed that he was running too close to the swimming pool, and the outer edge was all wet from the family using it earlier. I was too busy getting Oso and Chicklet off of me. 

As Kc ran off the patio steps and did a quick running dive Dimitra and Lynn both gasped in shock and mild fear that the new girl wasn't going to get there soon enough. Carmen screamed in a panic to get Klayton and my attention to look toward the swimming pool. I looked up just in time to see Kc slide down to her knees and caught Johnny right as his foot slipped in the standing pool of water and was taking a free fall toward the pool. It was a miraculous save, Kc had my lil man securely in her arms while asking him if he was ok and rubbing his hair to calm him down from the slight rush of fear he had go thru him.

Johnny didn't say anything, but he did hold onto Kc like his lil life depended on it. Kc slowly stood up with him as Klayton and I made it to where she was standing and gently handed him to me as she said he was a little shaken up still but he was ok. I gave him a loving squeeze and kissed him on the forehead, then my worried mom pulled him out of my arms and carried him to the house as she thanked Kc without even knowing her name for saving her grandbaby. I turned back to Kc and leaned over and kissed her on the cheek and whispered my thanks in her ear. Klayton jumped up in the way yet again and wrapped his arm around her and told me how lucky it was that he had his girl here to save the day.

I looked down and chuckled to myself then told him that he really needed to stop with the dreaming, especially the wet ones, because it was really beginning to show. Then without any warning, I pushed him into the swimming pool and told him he really needed to cool off a little because he was looking a little overheated. Kc tried to hold in her laughter but the look on Klayton's face was epic, and she burst out laughing. Klayton just stood in the pool and wiped the water off of his face as a few droplets fell from the tip of his mohawk. He shook it off a little as he waded back to the edge of the pool and said that was very funny, but just as he was acting like he was jumping out of the pool, instead he grabbed both of our arms and pulled us both in the pool...then he got out and said now all of us were nice and wet.

At first when I looked over at Kc I thought she might have been very upset about getting her clothes all wet, but instead, she was laughing so hard she couldn't speak. I wanted to laugh but I was now too wrapped up in staring at her and how good she looked nice and soaked, that and how her spaghetti strap shirt clung tightly against her body and beens it was a white Alice Cooper shirt, it was a lil see thru now that it was wet. I guess Kc decided to go for a lil swim beens she was already in the pool because she took a dive under the water and swam to the other end before getting out, Klayton held out his hand and helped me out of the pool as I called him an asswipe, but then after I was all the way out I thanked him in his ear and said it was totally worth it as I looked back over to where Kc was.

Klayton watched very intently as Kc strolled back over to both of us and thanked Klayton for the refreshing dunk, as she wrung out the tail of her shirt. Klayton said she was welcome as a little bit of drool was forming from his mouth. Dimitra came out carrying three towels and told both of us boys that it wasn't nice picking on her, as she handed her a towel to dry off with. Then she wrapped her arm in Kc's arm and had her go with her in the house while she told her all about herself and how she came to be caught in between both of us crazy boys. I looked over at Klayton and he looked back at me then we both told my mom at the same time that she was our girlfriend. Then as we both went into the house our lil argument commenced about who's girlfriend she really was.