Unexpected Connection~5

(Kayley's P.O.V.)

Here it was 7 in the morning and I was still laying in bed, not at all wanting to greet the day. That was until my reminder on my phone went off letting me know that the party of a lifetime that I was going to be joining and working at was happening later on this afternoon, so I leaped out of the bed and quickly hopped in the shower, after my shower was over with I was brushing my teeth and talking on the phone with Nancy at the same time telling her to come over right away to get me ready for success. Nancy looked over at her clock as she told me it was way too early to get ready for a party that didn't even start until after 3 pm, then she rolled back in bed and told me to call her later, then she hung up on me and went back to sleep.

I snickered to myself as I put my phone down and began brushing my hair out and braiding it while it was still wet so when it dried it would have the kinky permed look. I was still running around in my bathrobe as I was searching thru all my jewelry to see what would look the best with the dress Nancy let me borrow when I heard a knock at the front door. I gave a troublesome sigh as I ran to the door and unlocked and opened the door to see my crazy ass brother, Tommy staring at me thru his sunglasses. He gave me that silly ass grin of his as he said if I was trying to turn on all the boys in the neighborhood I was succeeding. I looked down and noticed that my robe was wide open, showing me in my undergarments, I gave an embarrassing squeal and ran back inside and asked him what he wanted this early in the morning.

Tommy followed me into the house and said that he and Nancy had a little fallen out last night and he hasn't been home yet and wanted to crash with me for a few days until she cooled her shit down. I playfully ruffled his hair and told him to make himself at home, but I needed to get dressed and ready for the day...after I was dressed I told him that Nancy was in fact, coming to the house, later on, to help me get ready for the party I was going to be working and if he wanted to be away from her, he should be gone before she got there around 11. Tommy looked around and said he would head over to Mickey's place before she got there. 

I came back down now that I was dressed in my cut-off shorts and a Godsmack spaghetti strap shirt, and told Tommy I was going to head to the bank to cash my check and do some shopping, then I would be back, he ran to the door and hollered at me to pick him up some cigarettes and a beer or two. I told him that he was supposed to be quitting the smoking habit and that I had a few beers still in the fridge from his last unexpected visit. He ignored my comment on the smoking and said that was good then he ran back to the fridge, grabbed the beer and plopped on the couch and turned on the tube to watch some toons.

The bank trip went extremely quick and before I knew it I was at the store picking up some groceries so I could restock my kitchen, then as I walked out I turned around and bought my brother a pack of cigarettes, then I hopped back in the car and headed back to the house, but as I looked down at my gas hand, I grumbled as I turned back around and headed to the gas station so I could fill up my brother's p.o.s. car that I was borrowing until I could get my car out of the shop.

It was while I was pumping gas that I had a glimpse of a very drop dead gorgeous guy walking out of the gas station with an apple and a bottle of water along with a pizza and a juice box. I quickly put my gas cap on and walked around the pump to get a better look at him, he moved to his car and handed a lil boy the juice box and rubbed his head, then as he turned around I was staring right into his deep hazel eyes and realized that I was staring into the mystical eyes of the one and only Criss Angel! The world's greatest Illusionist and escape artist out of Las Vegas and my heart went pitty-pat then it stopped completely for a split second. 

But he didn't notice me staring at him which was probably for the best, and as I watched him pull out, my heart sank to my feet, for not asking him for a hug, or an autograph, or a picture with him, but I shook it off as I told myself I wouldn't stand a chance in hell to even be half good enough to be standing close to him, let alone being with him...but what the hell a girl could dream, right. I snapped out of the daze I was in and realized my phone was going off, ugh, it was fucking Cynthia calling me! I slowly accepted the call and asked her what it was that she wanted in a very sarcastic tone...she told me very rudely that the boss wanted us both to be at the bar before we headed over to the party to lay down the rules about working the bar at the party, and all the bullshit that was expected of us.

Then she gave a wicked snicker and said she sure hoped I had something suitable to wear for such an extraordinary event that we were going to, then added that a lot of sexy male celebrities were going to be there, and it would be shameful to her if I looked like shit for the party and working beside her behind the bar, then she hung up on me, I rolled my eyes to myself and told myself that she would just wait and see how fucking beautiful I was going to look for the party, thanks to my best friend, Nancy and her awesome talent of cosmetics and clothing apparel.