Chapter 5: Mad

Alexander POV

I grabbed John and pulled him close to my chest as a floor board and part of the wall of the tree house fell. I used all my strength as a hit the window with a huge dictionary, luckily the window broke. I continued to do this until the window was completely shattered. The latter was connected to the tree house and had fallen along with part of the floor. I steadied myself on a branch and motioned for John to do the same. He was very hesitant and I had to help him on the branch but I got him. We sat there until the whole tree house had fallen down. Johns mom and siblings heard and came running. I hated seeing his family, its not that I hated them, I actually really liked them, but I never had a family growing up. Johns sister, Martha, pointed up to the branches we were sitting on. I went first at attempting to climb the tree me and John were sitting on, luckily I was able to get down a few branches before having to turn around and help John. When we got down everyone ran and hugged John. I pushed past them and went to the guest room they were letting me stay in.

"Alex" I heard John say as he walked in the room I was staying in. I looked up at him.
"Yeah?" I mumbled tiredly, since I hadn't slept in 2 days.
"Are you mad at me..." He asked, sounding like he was about to cry.
"No!" I said quickly, getting up and hugging him. I hugged John and ran my fingers through his hair. My phone, which was on my nightstand, started ringing.

"Hello?" I said  answering. I didn't recognize the number, but it looked like John d.
"Excuse me!?" I snapped through the phone. I hung up.

"So, who was that" John said awkwardly.
"Why don't you tell me" I retorted, knowing John already knew who it was.
"I don't  know" he shrugged, "what did they say?" John asked me. I didn't answer, I just lay down with me face buried in my pillow. John put his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. I lay like this until I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and went in the kitchen seeing John making tea, as I sat down he handed me some.
"I don't want any" he said pushing the mug back towards John.
"But I made your favourite..." John said.
"Thank but I don't want it" I said getting up and going to the room I was staying in. I saw John grab his coat.
"Where are you going?" I asked scared he was mad at me.
"Peggy's house" he said then left. He's mad at me' I thought to myself.

I got another call later from that unfamiliar number.
"Whatever" I said to them and hung up. A few hours later John came home.
I immediately ran up and hugged him, laughing. Behind John was Peggy. I smiled and waved at Peggy who rolled her eyes. 'OK now I know John is mad at me' he thought. John shot Peggy a glare and turned back to me.
"Thanks for the tea" I said. I thought he might be mad that I didn't want it so I drank it anyway.
"I thought you didn't want it" he said back. I could tell he was annoyed at me.
"I drank it anyway" I chuckled. He didn't find it amusing, he just nodded and went to his room, Peggy following close behind. I went back to the guest room and texted Lafayette who then texted John.

I heard John knock on the door. I opened it of  course.
"Stop telling Lafayette I'm mad at you" he snapped
I blinked a few times, "sorry..".

I texted Lafayette and told him what happened but Lafayette is a loud mouth and told John.

John knocked on my door again.
" Would you shut up and stop being so dramatic?!" He snapped at me as I opened the door.
I didn't say anything, John stormed off back to his room and I started crying. John was really really really really really mad at me.

I started packing my stuff so I could go back to my apartment. Martha, Johns sister, walked by and saw me packing my things. She didn't say anything, she just went back upstairs. Johns mom let me eat dinner there before I left. When I was done eating I thanked her for everything and left.

My apartment was very empty looking but it was nice to be back. I finished some projects due at the end of the year even though we might not go back to high school this year. My started ringing so I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.
"Alex where are you?" John asked me.
"I went home" I explained bluntly
John hung up.

He wasn't happy I went home but I wasn't going to stay after that. John never contacted me for the rest of the month. They were able to opening school up again after the fire.

I sat with Lafayette and Hercules instead of sitting with John like I usually do. Peggy couldn't come to school today either so John sat alone.
Lafayette, leave him alone" I snapped.

What a twist XD))