Chapter 21: You mean the world to me

Ahahaha people keep adding my stories to reading list. Thank you guys so much!!))

Alex POV

"John! Wake up!" I said shaking his arm
"Hm?" He mumbled sleepily as he sat up. I picked him up.
"Guess what!!!" I urged
"What?" He mumbled yawning
"We're married!!" I said happily. He smiled and kissed my cheek. I set him down on the bed.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked
"Waffles" He said. I smiled and nodded going to make him waffles. He sat at the kitchen counter.
"I can make my own waffles" he reminded me
"But I wanna cook for my husband" I said kissing his forehead.

I heard a knock at the door. John got up to answer the door while I made him waffles.

"Oh hey Lafayette" he said smiling "Hi Lizzy" I went to John. I noticed Lafayette and Eliza holding hands.

"I ship it" I whispered to John making him laugh. Lafayette rolled his eyes and Eliza blushed.

"We wanted to tell you guys that we're a couple" Lafayette said
"just a sec-" John said taking out his phone and calling Herc.
"I won, you owe me twenty dollars" he said then hung up. I laughed.

"You seriously made a bet" Lafayette said clearly annoyed
"No! It was Herc's idea" he claimed. We all started laughing.
"Well we're gonna go, seeya guys later!" Lafayette said. And with that they left.

John was in the shower so I looked through his computer. I know I should respect his privacy and everything but he's been hiding it from me lately. Every time I even come in the room he shuts his laptop and sets it aside, and when I ask what he was doing he just won't tell me. He always gives a bunch of excuses.

I looked through a few things and didn't find anything worth hiding. I looked through his emails and found some from his dad. John never really talked about his dad but I remember him telling me about what his dad did when he was a younger. He used to yell at him for being gay and always shame him. I scrolled down and opened the first email from his dad.

'I heard you got married to someone named Alex. I'd like to meet them' was all it said. I looked at John's reply: 'You weren't even at the wedding. Why do you even care? You know what, doesn't matter. You're not ever talking to Alex. Now please never message me again.' I kept looking through emails. Later on his dad started threatening him. I found an email from John saying 'I'll find a reason to get a divorce just don't hurt him!!'

"Alex have you seen my- hey!" John snapped grabbing his laptop from me. Damnit, he must've got out of the shower awhile ago.
"What the hell?!"
"Sorry" I said rolling my eyes "why would you hide that from me?!"
"Why would you go through my laptop?!" He retorted
"Why should I have to?! Do you not trust me?" I asked. He started crying. I hugged him.

"No ones going to hurt me. I promise." I said softly. He hugged me back and cried. I stroked his hair.
"No ones going to hurt me" I told him again

"I'm sorry" he mumbled
"Don't be. You were just scared. It's ok"
"Can we watch Moana?"
"Sure" I laughed and put the movie on. He leaned his head on my shoulder and watched the movie.

"We're not getting a divorce" I said hugging him tightly. He smiled.
"I'm not letting you go that easily." I added.

"Alex?"
"Yes?"
"Would you ever cheat on me?"
"No!!! Never!! Why would you ask that?!"
"Sorry.."
"It's ok. I wouldn't cheat on you in a million years"
"What if you were forced to?"
"I would tell you. Would you believe me?"
"Well..I can tell when you're lying so...it depends"
"I love you"
"I love you more."
"Not possible!"

I laughed and picked him up

"Hey! Put me down!" He squeaked
"Not until you admit I love you more!!"
"I love you more!"
"But I love you more!" I argued covering his face in kisses.

"Ok ok you win. Put me down." He chuckled
"Nah"
"Come on Alex!" He laughed
"Ok ok you've convinced me" I chuckled putting him down. He crossed his arms and pretended to be mad. I hugged him.
"I love you~" I said
"I love you too" he said kissing my cheek.

——————————————-

"Alex?"
"Yes??"
"Have I ever told you how you mean the world to me?"
"a couple times" he chuckled