Chapter 11: Fight (reprise)

John POV

I sat down at the lunch table I always sit at when Aaron Burr came over, I hadn't seen Alex since this morning but I wasn't that worried I figured he would come over and help me. I ignored Burr thinking everything would be ok. A few moments later Aaron punched me in the face and I'm on the ground. My vision was blurry and I couldn't see anything, I winced as pain flooded over me. All of a sudden I hear a tray of food clatter to the ground and Alex is in Aaron's face. My vision is to blurry for me to see anything but I hear footsteps slowly fade away and I hear Alex's voice next to me. I could tell he was crying and it broke my heart.

"John? John are you ok? John? Can you hear me?" He kept asking. I could only nod a little bit. I felt Alex pick me up and start carrying me. Everything went black after that and the next thing I know I wake up in the nurses office. Alex is sitting in a chair across from me crying. As soon as I open my eyes he runs over and hugs me. I wince a bit, still in pain and he pulls away.

"Sorry!" He says tearing up again. I wipe away a tear that was rolling down his cheek and he smiles. I smiled back. My mom and sister came in the room and so did the nurse.

"There here to pick you up" the nurse says to me, "the buses already left". That makes me look at Alex worried for a moment before I realize he would just come home with me either way. On the way home my mom and Alex tell me everything, the good news was Aaron got suspended so I don't have to worry about him.

When we all got home I went to the bathroom to see what happened during the little "fight". My cheek looked bruised and my nose had clearly been bleeding earlier. Since I was only looking in the mirror I didn't bother to close the door, so Alex came in. He hugged me.

"You're still adorable" he says kissing my cheek, the one that wasn't bruised. I smiled and hugged him back.

"If it makes you feel any better, I beat him up" Alex says. I looked at him and rolled my eyes playfully. He chuckled and kissed me on the head. We went in the living room and sat on the couch. He put his arm around me protectively, I giggled. My mom came in and handed us some tea, my mom makes the best tea.

An hour later I had fallen asleep on Alex. I woke up from the tv, my little sister had turned it on to watch some kid show. Alex woke up and chuckled, I was laying on top of him. I jumped and fell off the couch.....again. My little sister laughed.

"I told you! Now you owe me five bucks" she says to Alex. Alex laughs as I look at him confused. He helps me up and hands my sister five dollars.

"I knew he would fall off the couch again" she says. I look back at Alex who gives me an innocent smile. I laughed. I hugged Alex and curled up next to him. He smiled and stroked my hair. My mom came in, "breakfast is ready". Alex carried me to the table.
"I can walk" I laughed. Alex smiled, "but this is way more fun" he argued playfully. He set me down and I sat down at a chair. Alex sat next to me.

We finished breakfast and got dressed. My mom didn't make me go to school today and Alex insisted on staying home to "make sure I was ok". We raced to my tree house and of course, I won.

"I let you win" he joked. I rolled my eyes playfully.
"I won I won I won" I said laughing. He picked me up.
"Well I have the best boyfriend ever so, I win" he says, I giggled and shook my head.
"I have a better boyfriend" I said kissing his cheek. He sat down on a beanbag chair still holding me. I laughed and cuddled with him.