Chapter 13: Turtle Boy

Alex POV

I loved the museum, there were so many cool things there. John was excited but definitely not as excited as I was, I acted like a little kid. John held my hand most of the time, I think he was a bit overwhelmed by how many people there were there.

We were looking at one exhibit when someone almost ran by, as he rushed by he pushed John down. I got so mad I ran after him, I put my hand on his shoulder and spun him around to fade me.

"What?" He asked annoyed, he sounded rude and just like I thought he would.
"You just pushed my boyfriend down" I snapped grabbing him by the shirt.
"Sorry" He said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. I punched him in the face and ended up getting his kicked out of the museum.

John wasn't mad, we had already seen everything there, he thought it was hilarious that I punched a stranger in the face for accidentally pushing him. I still felt bad. John hugged me, "I'm not mad, and neither is my mom, don't worry about it" he told me. I calmed down a bit and hugged him back. I was taller than John so I picked him up. He laughed and pretended to be annoyed, "put me down" he giggled.
"Nah" I said laughing. He pretended to be annoyed again. I put him down and he crossed his arms playfully. My phone made a ringing sound and the screen lit up.

"Hello?" I said answering it.
"Hey, It's Lafayette!" A French sounding voice said.
"Oh hi Lafayette" I chuckled.
"Um, so I don't want to tell John this and you're his boyfriend so you can tell him" Lafayette said sounding a bit more serious.
"Tell him what?" I asked.
"Peggy, is really really sick and in the hospital" Lafayette explained
"What?!" I almost yelled. John and Johns mom both looked at me quizzically.
"She won't be able to go to graduation" Lafayette said. I hung up and started tearing up. Peggy and I were pretty close, and she was even closer to John. How do I tell John that someone he's known all his life is so sick she has to be hospitalized.

"What's wrong?!" John says sitting next to me and putting his hand on my cheek.
"P-Peggy" I stuttered. His eyes widened and started tearing up
"What about Peggy?!" He asked.
"She's really sick, and she had to be hospitalized" I explained. John started sobbing. I hugged him but I had no idea what to say.

After awhile of cuddling and eating ice cream John fell asleep. I hugged him and fell asleep too.

I woke up and saw John still asleep. I got up carefully so I didn't wake him. Johns mom was making breakfast for us, I thanked her and sat at the small table. John was still asleep when breakfast was ready. I went over and shook his shoulder gently.

"John, your mom made breakfast" I said softly. He sat up and went over to the table to eat. I wasn't hungry but I ate anyway. The musical wasn't in two days, we planned on staying at least a week so we could check out some museums and statues and nerdy stuff, but since Peggy was sick we decided to go home right after the musical.

We went to a park nearby. I held Johns hand, I was trying to make sure he didn't get pushed again. I was a little protective but at school I had to be protective or John would get beat up by Aaron. I looked at John, he looked so happy and adorable and just amazing. How could anyone hurt someone so sweet. I remembered the time Aaron hurt him, I couldn't get to him in time. It was my fault, I was to slow. I remember seeing John in so much pain and on the ground covering his face. John looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back and completely forgot about what I was thinking about.

There's a fair so I ask if we could go to it. I spot a ring toss game and one of the prizes is a stuffed turtle, John was distracted so, why not? I walked up to the booth and handed the guy a dollar, in return he handed me three rings. I through them and they all landed over the jars. He handed me the stuffed turtle and I went back to John.

"John~" I said holding the turtle behind my back.
"Yeah?" He said smiling. I showed him the turtle plushie.
"I won it for you" I said. He gasped and hugged me. Man, this dude really likes turtles.
"Thank you!" He said kissing me on the cheek.
"No problem, Turtle Boy" I teased. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes playfully.
"I can always take it back..." I teased more. He hugged his turtle close to his chest and shook his head. I laughed and put my arm around him.