Chapter 17

Yeah, i didn't really think the whole eating-lunch-with-Josh-plan through. I definitely should have realized that eating lunch with the popular moron would mean that i would have to eat lunch with the other popular morons. Including Janie and Zyler. Yay.

Completely forgetting the obvious and trying to use a guy for food was how i ended up sitting in between Zyler and Josh and across from Janie. How incredibly fun.

I should've known that lunch would suck from the moment i entered the cafeteria. Josh had been waiting for me by the doors and i tried not to cringe when he swung his arm around me upon my arrival. I was definitely going to need to shower, i could smell sweat on him. Then, once we were in line, he tried to order for me. As if we were some couple and he was being romantic by ordering "his girl" something. Wrong. He ordered me a stupid salad. If i wanted to eat leaves i would go find a tree. When i tried to protest, he just waved me off and said, "I know, no dressing. Girls hate how unhealthy salad dressings are."

I stared at him incredulously, trying to determine if he was serious or stupid. Probably both. Nope, forget the probably, he was both. He didn't even seem to notice my irritation at him and went on acting like he owned the place. Once he had paid for my bowl of leaves and his tray with a burger, fries, a cookie, and a soda (man, i'd kill for that meal) he started heading towards the Hellhole. Also known as Janie's lunch table. I hesitated, debating whether or not a free lunch was worth sitting with he or not. With said lunch being salad, i was leaning towards no.

Just as i was about to turn away though, the idiot of a boy named Josh says, "Yo, everyone. Chaney's gonna eat with me today. Make room."

I could feel my cheeks heat up as all of them turned to look at me. Some faces were friendly, but i could tell most of them were judging my every move. This was just like when i had asked for my jacket and books back. Except this time i couldn't walk away.

Sighing, i figured i might as well just sit down and finish my dressingless salad as quickly as possible.

I sat as far away as i could from Josh without making it seem like i was trying to avoid his. I listened to him as he droned on and on about football and basketball (mostly how awesome he was) while picking at the green leaves in front of me. If i was going to be forces to eat gross green healthy things, the least i could've gotten was some tasty ranch dressing to cover the dull taste of them! Man, this must be karma for trying to use a boy for food.

"Zyler over here!" Janie yelled suddenly, taking a break from glaring at me. Well, it just kept getting better and better.

Although there was plenty of room next to Janie, since she had been saving him a seat, Zyler decide that the only available place was on the other side of me. Thus, he forced me to move closer towards Josh so our arms and legs were touching. I didn't enjoy it, Josh, on the other hand gave me a cheeky grin before putting an arm over my shoulder. Why i oughta... I thought violently as my fists clenched.

"Aw, could'nt stand being so far away from me?" Josh teased, mussing up my hair with his hand. I forced a smile, subtly fixed my hair, and turned so i could fake gag. Unfortunately, i turned towards Zyler, and he saw my fake gag. He covered his laugh with a cough.

Josh's arm stayed over my shoulder for a few more seconds until he realized that he would need to hands to eat his burger. i took the opportunity to slide away from him..right into Zyler. Him made a sound of surprise as the whole left side of my body connected with his and barely managed not to fly off the bench.

"Sorry." I muttered. I wasn't really that sorry, i mean he was the one who chose to sit on the already crowded side of the bench. He was just asking to be shoved off.