Tanaka Ryuunosuke

"In volleyball... Everyone on your team's side of the net... Are NOT your enemies!"

"I'm sorry!...I didn't call the toss just now. I got scared for a second, damn it! I'll have all of my regrets after the match! There's no point in someone worthless like me bringing everyone down because I'm upset about my own mistake! I'll get it next time!"

"Some times, I can see the opponent's block in slow motion in the air. It's just like light passing by."

"Just sideline that self-reflection and those regrets if you've got them, right now. Hold onto the good feelings real tight, so you don't forget them, and then go out there and do it again next time."

"It's a senpai's job
To always be there and help
His precious juniors"

"How do you like me now Tsukishima? Weren't you going to crush me and Hinata?"

"All right! Asahi-san's not the only one who can score in a pinch!"

"You wanna rumble, city boy?"

"Kageyama get your ass back here and serve!"

"Whoever's laughing at me right now, you'll regret it so don't you forget that you laughed at me."

What does it mean to... "Have hope"...? So up till now, I've had nothing...? And now your telling me there's a glimmer... Which means that my existence hasn't begin until now, right?

"You're tall and awesome that way, so walk with your chin held high." *To Kanoka*

"Keep at it till you can do it! You got this!"

'That's right. Kanoka has gotten really good. The one who's been left behind is... Me. I won't lose...!!'

'What have I done today? What have I accomplished?'

'In terms of my physique and ability, I know I'm just a normal person. When I was little, I thought I was definitely a genius. ... Well I guess I thought that until about middle school. A...actually I still think that occasionally nowadays. But I'll probably never be 180 cm tall, and while I have faith in my physical abilities, in this volleyball club, I'm not the best at any one thing. That's never been a reason or an excuse for me to give up.'

'Usually, I don't even think about that in the first place. But about once every six months my mentality crumbles. I start to think that I'm mediocre. Well... Mediocre me... Do you have time to waste looking down?'

"You can only go up once you've fallen!!"

'He wasn't just saying that just to cheer me up. I will live up to the [trust] pressure you put on me.'