Chapter 1 - High Hopes

// READ ME \\
Hello there
welcome to my book,
i really do hope you'll like it but keep the thought that i started this in 2014 when i was 13 and my writing has drastically changed since then.
With that being said, i read this the other day and noticed grammatical errors and whatnot and the cheesiness too it. i really hope you do make it to the end. Personally i think the last 10 chapters or so are pretty decent.
When i do get a chance, i will try and edit it and make it better. But other than that, please read and enjoy:)
- Aurea (August 29, 2016)

I was just a normal Australian, undiscovered 17 year old singer named Haven Curtis. All I do is perform covers on YouTube. I originally did it once, but I found it really fun and I did it again, it kinda just stuck.

I sit in my bedroom every night writing songs. I always listen to my playlist of my favorite songs quietly. So far, I wrote enough for an EP. The songs I wrote are Stealin' My Heart, Loving and Hating You, Smile, and Taking Chances.

I had a friend of mine come help write the music for it, but I needed a drummer and a guitarist at least. But I didn't have any. My friends, which I don't have very many sadly, don't play instruments.

I have band practice on Wednesdays at 3:15, so after school and there's a lot of talented drummers and guitarists there. It was hard to pick one for each spot. I also needed a backup singer.

One practice, I met three kids perfect for each slot. Connor Parton played drums amazingly, he was like professional. The guitarist/bassist is Austin Pollux, he'll help with the bass because I can somewhat play guitar. Samantha Merone is the background singer. They wanted to be a band, so that is what we do now.

We practice in my garage or basement (depending on who's home) every Monday and Friday. Stealin' My Heart was the first one we worked on.

There ya go

Stealin' my heart

Takin it out of my chest

and making it yours.

Oh-oh-oh

There ya go

Stealin' my heart.

Capturing my love

and making it yours

Oh-oh-oh

You're stealin' my heart.

Personally, it's my favorite song that I wrote, after Smile. If these four songs ever got put into an EP, it'd be titled Stealin' My Heart because is a love EP. Boyfriend love. Loving yourself. Anything with love. I have super high hopes for a music career, and nothing should get in the way of me doing so.