Chapter 9 - Decisions

After about 15 minutes of standing with Michael, I told him I was going to go rest in my room. So here I am, sitting in my room.

I don't know if I should talk to Luke now, or wait. Also, I felt like it was time for me to go. I texted Calum and asked if he could come up to my room and talk. I'm hoping he doesn't just read 'come up to my room.' Knowing Calum, he'd take it the wrong way.

I heard soft, light knocking on my door. "Haven?" I heard someone asked. There was more knocking. "Haven, it's Calum." Then more knocking. Annoyed with all the pounding on the door, I got up to unlock it.

"Hey." I said looking at the floor. "Hey. How are you?" Calum asked. "Fine." He walked in and I closed the door. "Hey, look at me." He told me. "Why?"

"Just," Calum said a little loudly, "just, look at me."

I slowly rose my head and looked at him. "Oh my god. Haven, your cheek." Calum gasped. "It's all bruised. Did Luke, you know, that hard?" I nodded. "Sit down." So I sat on the bed.

He turned on the light and looked at it closer. "Is it that bad?" I asked. Calum nodded, "Yeah, it's bruised really bad. Does it hurt?" He gently touched my cheek. I winced. "Yeah, a lot actually."

"I just can't get over the fact he did that to you. Unbelievable." He muttered sitting down besides me. I placed his hand on my thigh. "I will talk to him."

"That's what I asked you to come for, actually." I said. "You did?"

"Yeah." I answered looking down. "I don't know if I should talk to him yet or if I even should."

"You do need to talk to him, I just don't know if now is the time to do so." I turned around and faced Calum. "I think I should go."

"What?" He asked. "Why?" I waited a few minutes to respond. "Look at what's happened." I looked at the ground and shook my head. "I feel like I'm turning everyone against each other. Michael and Luke. Who wants to be the next victims of Hurricane Haven!?" I said like game show host.

"Hey," Calum said grabbing my shoulders. "We will be fine. Trust me. Michael, Ashton, and I just have to talk to Luke. Ok?" I nodded, "Ok."

Calum leaned a tiny bit closer and stroked my other cheek with his thumb. "I promise." He stared at me and inched closer. I looked from his eyes to his lips which were about to touch mine. I didn't know what was gonna happen, but I...

A/N: let's just take a moment and comment on what you think will happen.

They get caught

She kisses back

Rejects him

Commenttt!!!!